Post-Game Talk: carnivoran mammals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Mika Fox Panarin and company could be 0 for 10 on the night and I'd still put them out there if we needed a goal over the Laf-Chytil-Kakko unit. They're just better on the man advantage.

3-4 years from now might be a different story but it ain't today that's for sure.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Laf has absolutely zero chemistry with Trocheck and Panarin. Back to LW3 he should go! Too bad EdJo's boy can't fill the top-6 role. I mean maybe he can, but he may bump into a referee and be out for several games.

But at this point, I'd honestly rather see that big oaf Gauthier with Panarin and Trocheck than Laf.
I wouldn’t mind giving Gauthier a shot in the top 6. Seriously.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Admittedly skipped four pages here but as usual I'm surprised by the pessimism after that game. Bruins are the best team in the world rn and we were down one of our best defensemen for most of the game (off a dirty cheap shot to boot).things really unravelled after the third goal but that happens and I didn't think it was this epically bad performance. Whatev.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Thanks. Glad it was at least a game.
I actually thought we were in it in the second period and then we had a snooze . Our energy guys have to be extra energetic because we don't have much energy or extra effort from Kreider-Zibs-Panarin on a lot of shifts . In some instances I would just love to see one player hit somebody hard late on a play or right after the whistle ...just something to wake them the F up at times . At least let the other guys know they better keep their heads up ....it will get better but it won't be overnight by any means .

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Kakko is making things happen. He is driving possession. He is going into the corners and winning puck battles with his strength and then distributing the puck to the points. He is also been saucing cross net mouth passes to Kreider that he continually misses. Those are tough plays to connect on sometimes so I am hoping that just starts to click.

They need to swap Kreider with Vesey between the 1st and 3rd lines. Try that first. All the shots on net for the team is encouraging but they need to to start finishing and Kreider just is not playing with enough authority right now. Maybe something is lingering but he does look as engaged. And he is not one to look so disinterested in contact or effort. Something just isn’t right.

Trouba on the other hand just f***ing blows right now. And i have been a Trouba defender. But this looks like the Trouba from the Tampa series. Out of position, slow in his movement, slow in his reactions, and getting outworked at every turn. Just really, really poor. They cannot win with him playing like this. He eats too many minutes and he is literally costing them games because the other team is scoring when he is on the ice.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Kakko is our best 5 on 5 forward and it’s not even close.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
6-4-2 after 12 games. Not seeing any reason to hit the panic button.

They were outplayed last night against a very good team. Top lines had a hard time with the B's top lines. They were outshot, but werent outmatched physically which was the case in the past vs the B's.

Next ten games are super important. The next ten games are against lesser opponents cept for maybe the Isles and the Oilers (depending on which Oiler teams shows up.) Im expecting to see them in a different light shorlty after the 20 game mark.

Wings 11/6
Isles 11/8
Wings 11/10
Preds 11/12
Yotes 11/13
Kracken 11/17
Sharks 11/19
Kings 11/22
Ducks 11/23
Oilers 11/26

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
6-4-2 after 12 games. Not seeing any reason to hit the panic button.

They were outplayed last night against a very good team. Top lines had a hard time with the B's top lines. They were outshot, but werent outmatched physically which was the case in the past vs the B's.

Next ten games are super important. The next ten games are against lesser opponents cept for maybe the Isles and the Oilers (depending on which Oiler teams shows up.) Im expecting to see them in a different light shorlty after the 20 game mark.

Wings 11/6
Isles 11/8
Wings 11/10
Preds 11/12
Yotes 11/13
Kracken 11/17
Sharks 11/19
Kings 11/22
Ducks 11/23
Oilers 11/26

If we lose to a crappy Detroit team who will be on the 2nd day of a back to back, can we panic?

Reactions: Lion Hound

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Remember that thread about "who might be booed, or the next whipping boy?" Seems Kreider and Trouba are the leading candidates. Nobody's demanding nor expecting 50+ but, we need them to be much much better than they have been. For that dinero, they need to be all-stars.
And yeah, Vesey is outplaying him for 1/10th the salary.

Back in the day he was (in the box often), he learned that part of it, but that VIDEO with around 4 to go, was pathetic how he AVOIDED contact behind the net.
That’s another thing that irritates me regularly. Back checking players approaching an opposing puck carrier, slowing down, and reaching for the puck with the stick.
I mean, sure, you want to defend the pass. But how about skating into and through the puck carrier sometimes.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Everyone knows I get protective on our goalies (probably the goalie coach in me), but from what I could see from the ShitnetNow stream in a 5-2 loss with ENG against a top team - Igor let in 2 bad goals. The loss isn't on him but he knows those 2 shots he needed to have. (Pasta and Frederic)

You especially don't drop to RVH to a dude on a half-boards on his backhand. (Pasta's goal)

I'm seeing even more frequent over-committing on shortside chances and he's gone for a swim accordingly. Getting very frustrated with that but I'm sure he'll be reeled in.

I don't blame Coyle's goal on him but he was very pedestrian on that wrap around attempt but Trouba 100% needs to man up there.

No panic here for me - Bruins are rolling.
Agree. Especially on the overcommitting part. It’s the only part I’m a bit worried about since it has happened quite often (relatively) this season and it’s new (I think).
I feel he has been a bit sloppy this year in general. Not disciplined. It happens. Part of the development path. But I hope he is aware.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Agree. Especially on the overcommitting part. It’s the only part I’m a bit worried about since it has happened quite often (relatively) this season and it’s new (I think).
I feel he has been a bit sloppy this year in general. Not disciplined. It happens. Part of the development path. But I hope he is aware.

Nah, since he came aboard he was prone to shoot past the posts on certain plays, it really seemed he was working his way from it to be honest...but this year it seems he reset all of a sudden.

But like you mentioned, it happens - probably overthinking, I trust Beniot Allaire will straighten him out :)

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
When was the last time we won in regulation without scoring on Special Teams? Seriously?

I would like to know that and how many times we've done it during Gallants tenure.... if any.

It seems like if the PP isn't effective, we lose. Just like last season, our success hinges on our PP and Shesty. Nothing really has changed
This kind of seems unfair because our PP was lethal last season.

The last time we won in regulation with no special teams goals was game 2 of the ECF.
In regulation with no PP goals we won 16 times in the regular season, in 3 of those wins we scored a SHG (one SHG was an EN)

Reactions: duhmetreE

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
12 games is not a large sample size and the Rangers were dominated in terms of game play even against bad teams last year.
Point taken - I agree they are better this season.

For sure anyone ready to jump out a window after the Boston game is overreacting. I’m just saying it’s ok for some of us to not feel completely comfortable that this is an ECF-caliber team at the moment.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Point taken - I agree they are better this season.

For sure anyone ready to jump out a window after the Boston game is overreacting. I’m just saying it’s ok for some of us to not feel completely comfortable that this is an ECF-caliber team at the moment.

I'm not sure how to feel about this team. I haven't looked at the standings in a while but it seems that early on other than Boston/Vegas it resembles the records of the NFL. Even the likes of Colorado and Calgary don't have great records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad