Carl "Yeti" Soderberg ‎- The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I can pretty much guarantee that 3 years is what he's looking for and after that he's heading back to Sweden.

As for the money, no specifics, but the numbers thrown around on here are pretty ridiculous. Now if the Bruins don't re-sign him, then I can see it as it will become an all out bidding war.

What do you think would be a reasonable offer that he may take from the B's then Dom?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If they can keep him for around 3.5 to 4 per year, I'd be more than happy to do that. I would think to do that though; you have to get rid of Kelly or Eriksson to make the money work??

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I don't mind Kelly as a player, but if you have a chance to sign the Yeti for a few years over him, you better do it.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I can pretty much guarantee that 3 years is what he's looking for and after that he's heading back to Sweden.

As for the money, no specifics, but the numbers thrown around on here are pretty ridiculous. Now if the Bruins don't re-sign him, then I can see it as it will become an all out bidding war.

What are the odds they have an extension by the deadline?

If not, do you think they will trade him for a top return or keep him and lose him for nothing next summer?

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I will be very depressed if we lose this guy, not only with how well he's worked out for us, but how long it took us to finally get him over here! Let the Yeti live here longer.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Did Carl end up having a hearing at all for the hit on Calvert? Looked fine to me but I saw it on my G wall saying there would be?

Strix

Jan 26, 2015
Sweden
Swedish news article with Carl Soderberg

Hello all.

I took the liberty to (try to) translate a Swedish article to english with Carl Soderberg as the main character.

It was published sunday 24/1 2015.

Link;

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/sport/guldregn-i-sommarfor-carl-soderberg/

Translation;

Its raining gold this summer for Carl Soderberg.
Boston Bruins Carl Soderberg have millions of reasons to smile. After this season he will be an UFA. He has a golden seat (opportunity).

I will get a raise for sure. It stands to be seen if Boston wants to keep me onboard and if they have the means under the cap salary. Boston is a good alternative for me, and I hope we reach a solution.
This season his salary is almost exactly one million dollar.
As a free agent this summer, Carl has a golden opportunity.
Today there are nine forwards in Boston that earn more than him. Soderberg, on the other hand, is one of the best forwards on the team and are one of the top scorers within the teams internal stats – he is also ranked as one of the best 3:rd line centers in the league.
On the free transfer market (?) it is not impossible that a NHL-team would pay him up to four million per season.
Even if my heart still is with Malmo its with the NHL I want to stay.
â€It will be another contract with a team from NHL. Probably three to five years – thats what I would like to have right now. I will evaluate after this season.â€
The 29 year old really has found a home in Boston toghether with his wife Caroline and their 10 months old daughter Sophia.
Sometimes the adults in the family can enjoy the benefits from a large city.
â€Boston is a really great city. Its very easy to find something to do. We go to musicals and concerts. We try to do something fun together at least two times per monthâ€
Carl Soderberg has fallen in love with amercian football. His favourite team? New England Patriots of course! Patriots dominates the sports scene in Massachusetts.
â€Patriots are the most popular team in the area (fan followers), but their arena are some miles outside of Boston. Within Boston city I think that Bruins are the most popular team (fan followers) – at least right now says Carl Soderberg well aware of the competition from baseball team Red Sox and basket team Celticsâ€.
How are the Boston Bruins fans?
â€They are very enthusiastic but harsh. They have a great comittmentâ€
And from tradition, they like a physical game?
â€It is still so. It is our signum. We are strongâ€.
Carl Soderberg has found his place within the team as a producing player a bit down in the Boston Bruins payroll.
Last season he made 48 points. After a little bit more than halfway through this years season, Carl already has passed 30 points.
â€The team hopes that I will scoore 15-20 goals and have a total of around 50 points. They give me quite a lot of time on ice for being in 3:rd lineâ€
â€My line mates are Loui Eriksson and Chris Kelly. It’s a good formation. I play 16-17 minutes per game and also have time in Power Playâ€
Life as a hockey player is very strict, weekdays as on the weekend. 82 games total demands its place in your calendar.
â€Boston is one of the teams that has very high demands on their players, after Toronto and Montreal. One has to be readyâ€
What is the difference between a training session in Sweden and in NHL?
â€Its a bit calmer here in NHL. We don’t train very hard – it’s a lot of focus on the games. We train a lot of combinations and plays, but not very physicalâ€.
â€Between games my body is very fatigued / winded, and thats the reason why we take it a bit easier on trainingâ€. (In Sweden it is a few days more between games than in America).
â€But I have a very good physical status, I feel light and very strong – besides I am in the right age!â€
What do you do when you need to NOT think about hockey?
â€I like sports – it’s an interest of mine. Right now I relax by viewing other sports. I also read quite a lotâ€.
â€My mother just sent me a load of books from Sweden. Right now I read Den orolige mannen by Henning Mankell (Swedish author - criminology)â€.
How goes the talk inside a north american locker room?
â€Canadiens are a lot like us Swedes. We have quite a few players from Canada. Americans are quite different. Much more extrovert and social. I had that as a prejudice and it seems to be correctâ€
Carl Soderberg is now an established player in NHL. He says that it has to do with a much discussed decision he made.
He focused on maximal preparation.
Directly after the 2013 season with Swedish hockey team Linkoping, Carl Soderberg left Sweden for Boston, even though he was up for the Swedish world champion team.
It was not without consequences.
National team leader Par Marts demoted him from the team. So Soderberg was not one of the players in the team for the olympic games in Sotji.
â€That was the punishment I was dealt, and it was worth it. If I had not done what I did, I don’t think that I would have played with Boston todayâ€.
â€If its fair or not is not something I think about. I have a great time here. If Marts wants me on the national team in the future it’s up to himâ€
Carl has always chosen his own way. He stayed a long time in his team in Malmo (despite having offers from higher leagues).
His feelings for Malmo Hockey team is still very strong.
â€I have watched three games with them this season. They play pretty well. I think that Malmo has a place in Swedens highest leagueâ€.
Right now it’s to be decided between five teams and I am looking forward to follow that, Carl Soderberg says.
Something else that is exciting, is Carl Soderbergs next contract – without doubt he will be a dollar millionare.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Please re-sign this guy. He has made Bruins hockey interesting the last couple of years. It would be an epic Chia fail if he lets him get to the open market.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Dom, by chance have you heard of anything new on this topic that you can share? I know you've got other things going on, so no rush.
much obliged,

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
What is the difference between a training session in Sweden and in NHL?
”Its a bit calmer here in NHL. We don’t train very hard ”.

If that isn't a clear indication as to why this team never competes for more than 20 minutes...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Holy crap, that is a revealing interview. I see they don't just stick with cliches in Sweden.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
so Carl doesn't plan on playing in the NHL past 3-5 years? Seems like such a short stint!

Also I love the comment about playing physical:

"It is our signum. We are strong." -Carl

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
If it's 4m per to get him to stay, they'll get it done.

54 and change has 7 forwards locked up. 58 gets you Yeti. 3.25m for Reilly Smith is 62m.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Yeti-Eriksson

is with 62m. 3m on line 4 is 65m. 600k for the backup goalie, 65.6m. Want to try and get Hamilton+Krug+one more D man for no more than 5.5m. Seems likely, and Morrow is likely to play his way onto the team next year. Kelly comes off the books the year Lucic needs his deal, done and done.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I thought he just meant he wants this next contract to be 3 - 5 years, which, at his age is reasonable, maybe he will want to return to Sweden to play out his career so his daughter can grow up in the motherland.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
If it's 4m per to get him to stay, they'll get it done.

54 and change has 7 forwards locked up. 58 gets you Yeti. 3.25m for Reilly Smith is 62m.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Yeti-Eriksson

is with 62m. 3m on line 4 is 65m. 600k for the backup goalie, 65.6m. Want to try and get Hamilton+Krug+one more D man for no more than 5.5m. Seems likely, and Morrow is likely to play his way onto the team next year. Kelly comes off the books the year Lucic needs his deal, done and done.

Chara/Dougie/Seids/Quaider/Miller/Bartkowski/Krug. That's a lot...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's gonna be a tough next season if soderberg walks. Bottom 6 is gonna be rough, with soda we have one of the best 3rd lines in the league. If you don't have the snipers then have 4 balanced hard working lines to make up to it.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
so Carl doesn't plan on playing in the NHL past 3-5 years? Seems like such a short stint!

Also I love the comment about playing physical:

"It is our signum. We are strong." -Carl

He said be would like to have a deal like that right now.I want to add ,Bruins General Manager had better get this solved and fast.He lets this guy into Free agency he should be FIRED for it.Either lock him up or get something for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad