GDT: carcol

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Very promising too that our goalie is good in shape. Sleep got the best of me, but seriously, what was in his drink. Just undeniably good high danger scoring chances stopping during the whole recap. So good that the Avalance was really coming, but some had told him already. It was his game plan to stop the shots. Very nice plan, I'd say.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

As pretty a play as this was, it's worth noting that Colorado didn't try all that hard to play defense here. Two forwards decided to mail in their backcheck, and the other three guys chased the puck around and completely ignored the 6-foot-2 young man standing in front of their goalie. Even after catching the pass, making a move and scoring, the closest guy to Svech was Jordan Staal.

If I'm GMDW, I'm sitting down with PM and offering him a 4x3M to 4M deal really soon

Can't let this guy let to free agency

I just don't see the urgency. I don't think a lot of teams around the league are watching Mrazek and thinking he's the answer to their prayers. (Hell, I'm not even sure he's the answer to ours, although I can't deny, he's been spectacular lately.) He's still coming off two pretty craptastic seasons. I hope we sign him, and I think we will, but I don't see why it has to happen tomorrow. We've got 'til July 1 and he's not going anywhere. He likes it here and we like him. It'll get done.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
You know what they say: there's lies, damn lies, and statistics.

As much as this time it feels different i still am burnt badly by 08 and 2011. I don't trust anything until we finally clinch, but for now I'll just enjoy the ride.

I wasn't anything more than a casual fan, at best, then. I'll believe for you!

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This is how our schedule shakes out, and we'll have to win a significant portion of these games to make it in. TBL is probably an autoloss. 16 pts over this stretch would give us a 100% chance of making. Obviously, we have ALOT of work to do, and that's the last time I'm looking at sportsclubstats. Until the next time I do.

cbj - mar. 15
buf - mar. 16
pit - mar. 19
tbl - mar. 21
min - mar. 23
mtl - mar. 24
wsh - mar. 26
wsh - mar. 28
phi - mar. 30
pit - mar. 31
tor - apr. 2
njd - apr. 4
phi - apr. 6

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Playoffs or not, this season has been a success IMO. Aho has emerged as a cornerstone piece, our D-corps has been as solid as ever, we finally have decent goaltending, and we have Nino for the next three years. If they don't make it this year, they almost certainly will next year, at least IMO.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

As much as this time it feels different i still am burnt badly by 08 and 2011. I don't trust anything until we finally clinch, but for now I'll just enjoy the ride.

Yeah, with the way things are shaking out, another "win and you're in" situation at the last game of the season wouldn't be out of the question, and I don't know if I can handle a 3rd disappointment in that regard.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

2011 hurt much less at the time "knowing" we had the rookie of the year and many years of playoff success ahead of us. 2008 was immediately made better by 2009.

This one, after 10 years, would hurt.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
This is how our schedule shakes out, and we'll have to win a significant portion of these games to make it in. TBL is probably an autoloss. 16 pts over this stretch would give us a 100% chance of making. Obviously, we have ALOT of work to do, and that's the last time I'm looking at sportsclubstats. Until the next time I do.

cbj - mar. 15
buf - mar. 16
pit - mar. 19
tbl - mar. 21
min - mar. 23
mtl - mar. 24
wsh - mar. 26
wsh - mar. 28
phi - mar. 30
pit - mar. 31
tor - apr. 2
njd - apr. 4
phi - apr. 6

The Toronto game is on my birthday - willing to use my wish on a canes win.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC

cbj - mar. 15
buf - mar. 16
pit - mar. 19
tbl - mar. 21
min - mar. 23
mtl - mar. 24
wsh - mar. 26
wsh - mar. 28
phi - mar. 30
pit - mar. 31
tor - apr. 2
njd - apr. 4
phi - apr. 6

I will be attending the @ Pittsburgh and @ Toronto games Mar 31 (my birthday) and Apr 2.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I will be attending the @ Pittsburgh and @ Toronto games Mar 31 (my birthday) and Apr 2.
congratulations on the sale of your real estate investment that enabled you to afford tickets to a leafs game. but seriously folks, I wish I could swing that kind of money to see the Canes here, but it's quite a wad of cash to lay out, even more if you want decent seats.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
congratulations on the sale of your real estate investment that enabled you to afford tickets to a leafs game. but seriously folks, I wish I could swing that kind of money to see the Canes here, but it's quite a wad of cash to lay out, even more if you want decent seats.

It is quite spensive. What’s sad is it’ll cost more to go by myself than going with a 2nd person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad