Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M) [Part II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
I can't imagine why a young player with some of the highest playoff goalscoring numbers of all time for players under 21, who gets scratched in game f**king five of the Stanley Cup Finals by a team starved for offense, feels disrespected and unappreciated by his coach/team. It's just inexplicable!

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Yep They wanted 8 years and Who (Other then Aho) wouldn't have wanted that? Aho wanted 5 to get to FA status as reasonably fast as he could.. I don't blame him or Montreal for that. But the Canes front office didn't mind the AAV but I am SURE they Hated potentially losing 3 years of term..
Also I'm sure they are OK if Montreal let's them have JK. As well as if Montreal matches...

Looks at this boss avatar!!

Reactions: Tryamw

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not even sure if Montreal is allowed to match this because they'd be more than 10% above the cap

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So out of curiosity what does Montreal do to make space available immediately in the situation they do match. They can’t go 10% over the cap so they’ll have to make a move. Pay someone to take on Byron or Drouin?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Good on the canes showing the Habs there will be repercussions for trying to offersheet their players.
I dont know about that, I think the Canes let their sourness get in the way in here, I helps Montreal more to lose KK and receive a 1st and 3rd so the Canes imo outsmarted themselves here!

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Hilarious. If Montreal doesn’t match I can’t wait to see the fanbase who pumped his tires say how bad he is.

The Kotkaniemi threads on the Habs board have had about 5,000 posts since the offseason. That doesn't happen to unanimously loved players.

As a massive fan of his, I can say there are plenty of Habs fans that were saying he was trash before this offer sheet. They are wrong.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I dont know about that, I think the Canes let their sourness get in the way in here, I helps Montreal more to lose KK and receive a 1st and 3rd so the Canes imo outsmarted themselves here!
That first is most likely going to be a late first. At that point you’re hoping the player you draft at that spot turns into KK. It would be very stupid to let a YOUNG center go like that. Those are the kind of moves that haunt your franchise for years.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Montreal shouldn’t match. KK is not worth 6 million. Let Carolina have him and give you picks, one of which is an unprotected first rounder that could be a great pick if Carolinas goaltending shits the bed, which is very likely considering Andersen is cooked and Raanta can’t stay healthy
To me thats the right move let him go. If it was Suzuki then I would match but KK no its not worth it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Waddell walking into Bell Centre this upcoming season

courtroom-walking.gif

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Regardless of where he goes his salary where dictate top six ice time... playing with good players could have a big breakout for fantasy hockey.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I'm not even sure if Montreal is allowed to match this because they'd be more than 10% above the cap
ATM no they would not (At least that's my interpretation) but they have a week to fenagle the $$$'s and Accept.. A Week to fenagle the $$$'s and decline or decline. those are their 3 options at the moment.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
That first is most likely going to be a late first. At that point you’re hoping the player you draft at that spot turns into KK. It would be very stupid to let a YOUNG center go like that. Those are the kind of moves that haunt your franchise for years.
I think if you Bergevin its worth the gamble, Its a tough decision for the Habs for sure but I dont think the Habs makes the PO even with KK so I would fold on that hand and take my chances with the draft picks!

Reactions: Devonator

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Montreal has to find a way to match. Love Suzuki but no way they are going into next season with only one legit center..no offense to Evans who is a nice player. Plus being in probably the toughest division doesn't help.
KK doesnt make much difference.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
ATM no they would not (At least that's my interpretation) but they have a week to fenagle the $$$'s and Accept.. A Week to fenagle the $$$'s and decline or decline. those are their 3 options at the moment.
I'm pretty sure they can. They'd be in off-season LTIR.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Hilarious. If Montreal doesn’t match I can’t wait to see the fanbase who pumped his tires say how bad he is.
You're seeing a handful of people in main boards who were pumping his tires. He has been the whipping boy all summer and there is nonstop crying about Hughes/Tkachuk in the Kotkaniemi threads on the Habs board.

Reactions: TML1990

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I'm pretty sure they can. They'd be in off-season LTIR.
But there is a reason most teams avoid Not in season LTIR I can't recall it but yes them(Montreal) fenagling the money won't be hard if that's their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad