Confirmed Trade: [CAR/EDM] Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Good trade in the end for the Oilers but he wasn't worth his contract until this year

I’d disagree. He was worth his contract prior to this year but is currently out performing his contract. He has always worked very hard, giving full effort. He is said to be a valuable guy off the ice as well. Not sure what you can expect from a guy who plays 12ish minutes per game with limited PP TOI. This year he is up to almost 14 minutes TOI and has been getting time on the 2nd line, playing with Draisaitl… same effort and still a great guy in the dressing room.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Sounds like the “fans” of any team with any player. Some “fans” also wanted to run Draisaitl and McDavid out of town too at times. There are idiots in every crowd.

I bet, if you search hard enough, you can find the same about every player on your favorite team as well.

I think overall most Oiler fans have been very satisfied with Foegele prior to this year… this season, they should be very happy with what he has provided the team.

This.

Every team has their negative, irrational fans. Our board has a 1/2 dozen regulars that jump to mind. Only hear from them when things aren't going well, silent when the teams rolling. Team fans seemingly border lining on trolling.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This.

Every team has their negative, irrational fans. Our board has a 1/2 dozen regulars that jump to mind. Only hear from them when things aren't going well, silent when the teams rolling. Team fans seemingly border lining on trolling.

So true. I can tell the score in a GDT based purely on the presence of a couple of people. If they are around, the team is losing. If not? They are ahead.

Reactions: Czechboy

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I think you’d be surprised what 2.75 gets you in 2022-2024.

His contact was on par with his production
I would say he was overpaid first season, a tad bit overpaid last year but i won’t die on that hill debating, and underpaid this year. Over the 3 years, he was worth the value I can agree

All in all, the swap for Bear was good for the organization so I’m happy

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He will be a cap casualty if that is the case IMO. They have bigger fish to fry this summer.
He absolutely will be a cap casualty. Him, Desharnais, Pickard have all played themselves into raises I expect, and the Oilers won't have the space to re-sign them with other holes on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad