Confirmed Trade: [CAR/ARI] Shayne Gostisbehere for 2026 3rd round pick

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
Gostisbehere was a perfect pick up for the Islanders, but was told everywhere that he would cost a lot. Oh well lets just enjoy our own Sebustian Aho.

Reactions: Curufinwe

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Maybe I’m an ignorant idiot but I had no idea Ghost has such a cannon from the point. Knew he could score goals but thought he was more of a puck moving d-man but good god dude can bomb it from the point

He can and does beat goalies clean.

For as long as I live, I will never understand the entire league misunderstanding who he is as a player. He's an elite offensive defenseman and PP QB who can hang just fine in his own end, and he's a playmaker in the football sense of that word. He's a unique talent, a hell of a lot of fun to watch, and he deserved so much better the last 5 years.

I really don't understand why the Flyers had to pay to get out of his deal and why the Coyotes only got a way future 3rd for him.

He's firmly a 2nd pair caliber guy IMO, I don't understand how he's not more highly valued around the league.
Because the Flyers sabotaged him, because they're f***ing morons.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
good start to his potential impact for the canes. he won't be asked to carry a huge load defensively, but if he can be decent on that end as well, look out in terms of boosting that team overall.

Reactions: Wats

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Arizona was never going to retain on Chychrun without some absurd unexpected overpay. I suspect BA GM was keeping the last retention slot open in case some Chychrun trade included a player coming back to AZ who could be flipped for good value at 50% retention.

Gostisbehere should have netted at least a 2nd at 50% retention, but Carolina had the cap space to acquire Ghost without retention, unlike most other teams.
This is what was reported. It was important to Arizona to not take back contracts and not retain money. Carolina had the space.

Arizona themselves may prefer a 2026 2nd from Carolina compared to sooner. They can use the pick as trade fodder and Carolina could start to fall off by then.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
good start to his potential impact for the canes. he won't be asked to carry a huge load defensively, but if he can be decent on that end as well, look out in terms of boosting that team overall.
Between Slavin, Pesce and Skjei the defensive load is covered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Maybe I’m an ignorant idiot but I had no idea Ghost has such a cannon from the point. Knew he could score goals but thought he was more of a puck moving d-man but good god dude can bomb it from the point

It's all technique and torque, too--he's kind of a beanpole. Very beginning of his career he was actually playing with Intermediate sticks for even more flex, but the Flyers made him switch to grownup sticks when he broke like 9 in one game.

He's sick. I don't know what else to tell you. People forget he put up 65 points 5 seasons ago and then the Flyers went right back to jerking him around.

Defensively a bit of a paradox. He's not great when hemmed in his own zone, but he's phenomenal at breaking up rushes and skating or passing the puck out of his own end. His defensive value is that he prevents the situations that he struggles with more than most defenders can. On a team with poor talent or poor structure, it's harder for him to do that.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad