Confirmed Trade: [CAR/ARI] Shayne Gostisbehere for 2026 3rd round pick

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Ok...the return on Ghost, a 2nd and a 7th was nothing.

The repercussions of that trade
was the loss of a 1st and a 2nd and the Flyers being stuck with Ristolainen and his ridiculous 5 year contract.

Better?
Yeah I should have done a :sarcasm: emoji. I'll add to how bad it was though. We got Risto at an expiring $5.4M (higher than Ghost) and gave him a new 5 year $5m deal.

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
7ddyup.jpg

most underrated D in the league at this point. Insane how much the Flyers ruined his perception

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I really don't understand why the Flyers had to pay to get out of his deal and why the Coyotes only got a way future 3rd for him.

He's firmly a 2nd pair caliber guy IMO, I don't understand how he's not more highly valued around the league.

I'll help you. Chuck Fletcher is a dumbass along with the rest of the dinos that run the Flyers.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Maybe I’m an ignorant riot but I had no idea Ghost has such a cannon from the point. Knew he could score goals but thought he was more of a puck moving d-man but good god dude can bomb it from the point
The full two seasons he was here, he did pretty much everything well in the offensive zone. Seeing him play was one of the few bright spots of watching this team. He's another Yandle in his own zone, however, but that's now a smart coach uses him.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Maybe I’m an ignorant riot but I had no idea Ghost has such a cannon from the point. Knew he could score goals but thought he was more of a puck moving d-man but good god dude can bomb it from the point
I knew he had a rocket ever since this goal:

Dude killed the Hurricanes as a Flyer. 17 points in 22 games.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Flyers fans would call his bombs from the point Ghost bombs when he scored.

Really miss Ghost in the orange and black, stupid ass Fletcher dumped him with a 2nd rounder tells everyone how bad of a GM Fletcher is.

Gostisbehere is in a perfect spot in Carolina on their 3rd pairing playing QB on the PP2, Ghost weaknesses were always in his own zone but if Carolina keeps him on offensive zone starts and PP time he should thrive with the Hurricanes.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I really don't understand why the Flyers had to pay to get out of his deal and why the Coyotes only got a way future 3rd for him.

He's firmly a 2nd pair caliber guy IMO, I don't understand how he's not more highly valued around the league.
Probably other teams interested needed retention.. (Just a guess) but they needed their third slot for Chychrun

Reactions: paragon and zman77

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
That flyers trade was interesting in that I've rarely seen a fan base so united. Iirc there were a few people who said he sucked but like 99% of posts were spot on about how bad it was and that paying to trade him was a bad idea. Its insane when fans see something obvious like that and the GM doesn't.

Reactions: BernieParent

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Probably other teams interested needed retention.. (Just a guess) but they needed their third slot for Chychrun

Arizona was never going to retain on Chychrun without some absurd unexpected overpay. I suspect BA GM was keeping the last retention slot open in case some Chychrun trade included a player coming back to AZ who could be flipped for good value at 50% retention.

Gostisbehere should have netted at least a 2nd at 50% retention, but Carolina had the cap space to acquire Ghost without retention, unlike most other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad