Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Sabres 7pm Nov 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
The Lapierre use is getting totally irrelevant to this Caps team.
Send him back to junior so that he gets proper ice time and development.
You will get your wish soon enough, he’s basically every other game at this point until he hits 9. He’ll be back before Thanksgiving.

if I’m wrong, sorry.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Caps fans, what is the status/update on Backstrom
Last update November 6

upload_2021-11-8_17-55-10.png

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sounds like the December that gets quietly dropped into conversation is the scenario they are hoping for. I am starting to hear warning alarms though.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Most teams would not have pretty lines if they were missing their entire second line and 2/5 of their PP1 group but it looks a lot worse because of the collective blackhole that is Eller, Hathaway, Hagelin, and Dowd on offense.
Put one of them on LTIR and acquire some help BMac. I haven’t heard the timetable on Mantha but indefinitely sounds like it is better suited for LTIR. Backstrom sounds like he could benefit from being shut down for awhile but hard to tell.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Sounds like the December that gets quietly dropped into conversation is the scenario they are hoping for. I am starting to hear warning alarms though.
GMBM or Lavi or who in the Org. said December?
GMBM or Lavi or who in the Org. is sounding off alarms?
I haven't seen anything from the team saying that

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Lappy, Leason, Protas and now Axel got their debut this year, but CMM and Fever only got a quick cup of coffee last year, so effectively we could have five rookies in the lineup, one more injury and it will be all 6 of them... good times!

Imagine CMM, Lap, Protas, Leason, Axel and Fever all playing at once. Free the Youth, Long Live the Youth!

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
When you are losing is when you switch up the lines. When you are winning you keep going with the lines that are winning. I’d like to see us switch up the 4th line.

So here is (another) crazy thought but something we have done before. Put Hathaway on the first line with OV and Kuzy. Maybe you break him free. And put Sheary on the right side of 4th line.

OVKuzyHathaway
SprongEllerWilson
AJFMcMichaelLeason
HagsDowdSheary
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hathaway on the first line with Ovi and Kuzy. Wow. That would hurt the effectiveness of the first.
Hathaway is alot closer to riding the pines than he is being 1st line winger.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Lappy, Leason and Protas got their debut this year, but CMM and Fever only got a quick cup of coffee last year, so effectively we could have five rookies in the lineup, one more injury and it will be all 6 of them... good times!

Imagine CMM, Lap, Protas, Leason, Axel and Fever all playing at once. Free the Youth, Long Live the Youth!
I don't think it would hurt us to play all of the rookies. It's not like the veterans are playing well other than the first line.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Is it just me or has Alexa picked it up a notch this season? A year of experience can be helpful. She looks great, too

Reactions: Corby78

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I hope the Dowd line actually gets 4th line minutes. It's not like they have earned being bumped to the 3rd line. They have been invisible. Haven't even been great defensively.

Keep hoping. Its not going to happen anytime soon. Particularly with Dowd working back in after injury. Patience, Grasshopper

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
GMBM or Lavi or who in the Org. said December?
GMBM or Lavi or who in the Org. is sounding off alarms?
I haven't seen anything from the team saying that

There is no official comment on timetable, injury or treatment. This is the NHL. The last person I heard say December was Samantha on a podcast. What she said was that Backstrom could come off IR early November but she thinks December is more likely.

The alarm sounding is just my own thinking that we should get used to this situation. The Caps are stretching Jimi so they dont have to do something with him before they are confident they know what is up with Backstrom. Thats my read.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I know it won't happen but I dont understand rewarding players that are failing.
Atleast we can say the play of the kids has been positive.
Another thing I don't like is that young players are under a microscope and any mistake is magnified. Then they lose ice time.
A veteran makes the exact same mistake and nothing is said or done.

Reactions: twabby

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Is it just me or has Alexa picked it up a notch this season? A year of experience can be helpful. She looks great, too
Lol you guys act like you have never seen a woman before.
And I don't think she is much better than last year.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I wish we did. Although that’ll probably happen after the TDL and all the expiring contracts garner 4th and 5th round picks.

I mean isn't Wolanin Portuguese for "I fill my belly with the souls of rookies after a brisk afternoon slumber"?! If not, then my mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad