Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Sabres 7pm Nov 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm assuming they plan on having AJF in the lineup tonight? Don't know why else they'd recall him yesterday as opposed to today if they were just going to have him be the healthy scratch.

I hope they at least play McMichael in the top 6. Forcing him to play minutes at center but on the 4th line seems weird, especially since I don't really see him playing much center once Backstrom returns. With Mantha's injury it's a perfect time to get him top 6 reps on the wing, and having Lapierre be the low-minute 4th line center.

Reactions: Neil Racki

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I'm assuming they plan on having AJF in the lineup tonight? Don't know why else they'd recall him yesterday as opposed to today if they were just going to have him be the healthy scratch.

I hope they at least play McMichael in the top 6. Forcing him to play minutes at center but on the 4th line seems weird, especially since I don't really see him playing much center once Backstrom returns. With Mantha's injury it's a perfect time to get him top 6 reps on the wing, and having Lapierre be the low-minute 4th line center.
I’d agree that AJF will likely be in the lineup. And if he is, I suspect Lapierre will be the one who gets scratched. Not Hags, Sheary, or Sprong.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
it's a perfect time to get him top 6 reps.

They have lost 3 in a row. They have a road back to back coming next. They have a 6 game losing streak setting up if they dont win tonight. If you want to get him some reps, win tonight and do that on the back to back.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
They have lost 3 in a row. They have a road back to back coming next. They have a 6 game losing streak setting up if they dont win tonight. If you want to get him some reps, win tonight and do that on the back to back.
When you are losing is when you switch up the lines. When you are winning you keep going with the lines that are winning. I’d like to see us switch up the 4th line.

So here is (another) crazy thought but something we have done before. Put Hathaway on the first line with OV and Kuzy. Maybe you break him free. And put Sheary on the right side of 4th line.

OVKuzyHathaway
SprongEllerWilson
AJFMcMichaelLeason
HagsDowdSheary
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Crazy stat. No caps goalie has had a .915 save percentage since 2018. That is nuts.

VV in his last four starts hasn’t had a save percentage of even 90. He may seem consistent to you but I’m sorry, that fu*king blows. Neither of them are particularly great. Fix it BMac.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Crazy stat. No caps goalie has had a .915 save percentage since 2018. That is nuts.

VV in his last four starts hasn’t had a save percentage of 90. He may seem consistent to you but I’m sorry, that fu*king blows. Neither of them are particularly great. Fix it BMac.

That is the year that Mitch Korn left. Revenge of the Korn.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I guess McMichael won’t be playing much yet Eller will. Go figure.

See Eller's usage last season. He played some huge minutes particularly when Oshie was trying to play center. He is going to get defensive zone starts that Dowd doesn't get and that McMichael wouldnt get. He will skate both primary pk and pp2. I expect McMichael will be on pp2 with him.

I also think that at the drop of a hat McMichael will be skating Sprong's shifts.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
When you are losing is when you switch up the lines. When you are winning you keep going with the lines that are winning. I’d like to see us switch up the 4th line.

So here is (another) crazy thought but something we have done before. Put Hathaway on the first line with OV and Kuzy. Maybe you break him free. And put Sheary on the right side of 4th line.

OVKuzyHathaway
SprongEllerWilson
AJFMcMichaelLeason
HagsDowdSheary
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Listing Dowd as 4 always looks weird

Jun 15, 2007
The circular logic of Eller, Hagelin, Sheary and Hathaway's ice time.

"They are good because the coach plays them so much"

"The coach plays them that much because they are good"

Maybe the coach is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad