Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Sabres 7pm Nov 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Would he have to clear waivers again if we send him back down?

I dunno, good question. Have to assume the Caps FO knows the answer and accepted the risk.

That is.. pretty worrisome. I don't see why AJF wouldn't have to pass through waivers again. I guess seeing that Buffalo was one of the worst teams last year and also waived him, there might not be much interest. But we don't know since no one behind Buffalo had the chance to pick him up.

Also, if Mantha is out for a long time, AJF could be on the team for most or all of the season in a bench role while Leason is waiver exempt and able to be sent down any time without waivers.

Also, Irwin is still on the roster as an 8th defender. Can waive him and keep Leason when Oshie or Backstrom comes back.

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
To be fair, he was waived by Buffalo almost immediately after arriving due to visa issues

Yeah I know... which is strange because I was unaware one needed a Visa to move from Hershey PA to Buffalo :D

Actually I just read this: Someone claimed on waivers – they snagged the Swede from the Washington Capitals on Monday – must reapply for his visa, according to the Sabres. Traded players don’t have to reapply.

So anyone who claims him will have to wait for his VISA to be re-issued. Might explain why thee Caps see low risk there.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
That is.. pretty worrisome. I don't see why AJF wouldn't have to pass through waivers again. I guess seeing that Buffalo was one of the worst teams last year and also waived him, there might not be much interest. But we don't know since no one behind Buffalo had the chance to pick him up.

Also, if Mantha is out for a long time, AJF could be on the team for most or all of the season in a bench role while Leason is waiver exempt and able to be sent down any time without waivers.

Also, Irwin is still on the roster as an 8th defender. Can waive him and keep Leason when Oshie or Backstrom comes back.
He doesn’t have to clear waivers because he is replacing a player on IR (Mantha). He goes back free. There may be a game limit but not sure. But i do know you get waiver free call ups when someone is on IR (recalled / re-assigned).

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
He doesn’t have to clear waivers because he is replacing a player on IR (Mantha). He goes back free. There may be a game limit but not sure. But i do know you get waiver free call ups when someone is on IR (recalled / re-assigned).

Oh nice! Even better

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
So... I guess the question is: when do you give Samsonov another start after that Florida game that he had? Or has Vanecek fully taken the starter role by the horns now?

Edit: nevermind lol. We have a back to back on Thursday-Friday :laugh:

Vanecek is the starter. Vanecek and Samsonov will split the back to back this week

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Those lines...yikes.

Top-line needs to be huge for us to stay on the Playoff hunt while atleast Backstrom and Oshie are back.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Hard to expect much of a scoring threat from the 2nd and 3rd line in the long run and while the kids are together i don't expect much of an ice for them.

Right. They dont have a scoring threat other than the 3 on the first line. I mean other than a couple defensemen. There are no line possibilities where they can be an offensive threat

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Those lines...yikes.

Top-line needs to be huge for us to stay on the Playoff hunt while atleast Backstrom and Oshie are back.
Most teams would not have pretty lines if they were missing their entire second line and 2/5 of their PP1 group but it looks a lot worse because of the collective blackhole that is Eller, Hathaway, Hagelin, and Dowd on offense.

Reactions: TheLegendOfPatPeake

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yeah I know... which is strange because I was unaware one needed a Visa to move from Hershey PA to Buffalo :D

Actually I just read this: Someone claimed on waivers – they snagged the Swede from the Washington Capitals on Monday – must reapply for his visa, according to the Sabres. Traded players don’t have to reapply.

So anyone who claims him will have to wait for his VISA to be re-issued. Might explain why thee Caps see low risk there.

Once he moved, he had to get a new work visa, because his employer was different. Even though Hershey is in the AHL, they’re still considered as Capitals employees if they have an NHL contract. Although I think it’s stupid, because players don’t get money during the pre-season, but I guess the government (and the NCAA) considers hotel rooms and per diems as income.

But I fully expect his first goal to come against the Sabres, because that’s what they do. Well them or Columbus, because they also like to let people get their first NHL goal playing them.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
So far this season production-wise it's fair to say black hole, but historically only Hags fits that;
Dowd and Hathaway are like 9g/season, Eller around 13g; if they had 2 more goals between the 3 of them so far that'd be pretty much their average

I don't blame Eller hardly at all, he's been the one C who's been forced to change his game the most while NB/Kuz/Dowd have had their roles and their lines pretty well custom formed and fitted
Eller's been forced to be a Danish Army Knife and play with the scraps and square pegs and try to make something of it with his role changing from 2C to shutdown C regularly

Most teams would not have pretty lines if they were missing their entire second line and 2/5 of their PP1 group but it looks a lot worse because of the collective blackhole that is Eller, Hathaway, Hagelin, and Dowd on offense.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lavy just described AJF as "somewhat responsible". Ugh. Talk about a shot across the bow to start the day. Yikes.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
a great way to build the confidence of a young player, gj lavi, keep it goin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad