GDT: Caps vs Islanders 730pm Mar 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Some nice backchecks and breakouts by Protas, but also the hilarious play where he fell, submarined Oshie, and created 4-on-2 going the other way.

Ovie a giveaway machine rn.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Remember watching Caps Islanders in the covid cup playoffs man that sucked. Such boring hockey
I think the Islanders are among the worst teams in hockey to watch. They’re well coached and good at what they do but it’s just so boring and low in entertainment value. Zero star power on that roster that gets you excited as a fan of the sport.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I think the Islanders are among the worst teams in hockey to watch. They’re well coached and good at what they do but it’s just so boring and low in entertainment value. Zero star power on that roster that gets you excited as a fan of the sport.
Looking forward to watching them get murdered by the B’s or Canes.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
All skating and no hitting makes the Caps suck. We are big old lazy and slow.
Yeah i know the narrative is that DoPS neutered Wilson, but whether it’s that or his injury or just getting older and better paid, he isn’t the wrecking ball he used to be. And his offensive production, while not horrible, hasn’t really compensated for the loss of the game-changing physicality.

The hitters on this team are NAK, Fever, Oshie, sometimes Alexiyev. After that it gets pretty passive nowadays

Reactions: RandyHolt

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Looking forward to watching them get murdered by the B’s or Canes.
Eh. Isles can always surprise a team in the playoffs. They play hard, block a million shots, and are pretty disciplined. Addition of Horvat helps too.

As a kid, I couldn’t stand the Isles because they were aways breaking Caps fans’ hearts.

Nowadays i dont hate them anymore, partly because of Trotz (and then Lambert). I like Brock Nelson. He’s a gamer. Pelech’s good too

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah i know the narrative is that DoPS neutered Wilson, but whether it’s that or his injury or just getting older and better paid, he isn’t the wrecking ball he used to be. And his offensive production, while not horrible, hasn’t really compensated for the loss of the game-changing physicality.

The hitters on this team are NAK, Fever, Oshie, sometimes Alexiyev. After that it gets pretty passive nowadays
These games mean nothing and coming off a major injury, no reason for him to risk his body more this year. Next year if we don’t see a healthier more physical Wilson, I’ll be surprised.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This game has to be an all time low in terms of creativity with the puck. I don’t know how the NHL hopes to gain new fans with boring shit like this

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland

Yup hes been neutered and is not the same weapon.

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I like Pang as an announcer. Him praising Oshie fundamentals earlier and the Fever breakout pass which was fumbled by our forward … i just like his tone and his focus more on the game itself and not the personalities and emotions. And when a player screws up, he’ll point it out or at least acknowledge it. Sometimes broadcast crews sorta sweep those moments under the rug.

How in the world wasnt that boarding?

Nvm. They did call the boarding.

I love NAK for getting right in Mayfield’s face afterward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad