Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 2 - 2021-22

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
He's in the other teams head and outside of maybe Fowler, he's been by far their best player. Should've drawn 2 penalties(he completely walked a guy on 1 of them), made 2 great defensive plays that led directly to goals. Overall, he's the one who provided the most push-back when Michigan tech really started to get going. Really impressive performance by Leonard.

Holy shit, what shot.

• Love
Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He's in the other teams head and outside of maybe Fowler, he's been by far their best player. Should've drawn 2 penalties(he completely walked a guy on 1 of them), made 2 great defensive plays that led directly to goals. Overall, he's the one who provided the most push-back when Michigan tech really started to get going. Really impressive performance by Leonard.

Holy shit, what shot.
In his interview with the Caps before the draft, he straight up called himself a winner. And we're seeing it before our eyes.

He's good
Meh. third-line grinder. ;)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Twabby must be furious we aren’t talking about passing on Zach Benson!!

Seriously….Ryno scores, gets hit in the mush, jumps up arms out almost asking his opponent….are you not entertained?

They gotta get this kid signed and on Ovechkin’s line….

Win it all and move onto the NHL….

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'm liking the possibility of putting Ovechkin with Lapierre and Leonard. Both have the legs, pace and responsibility to be adequate cover and also open up room.

If the Caps make the playoffs with Lapierre at center then the need to add another dies down unless they trade Dowd. If they're thinking about adding on the wings it becomes more about subtracting because if Leonard joins the mix and Miro has also graduated there's not much room.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm liking the possibility of putting Ovechkin with Lapierre and Leonard. Both have the legs, pace and responsibility to be adequate cover and also open up room.

If the Caps make the playoffs with Lapierre at center then the need to add another dies down unless they trade Dowd. If they're thinking about adding on the wings it becomes more about subtracting because if Leonard joins the mix and Miro has also graduated there's not much room.
I'm very on the fence about Dowd. I like having at least some vet presence down the middle, but he's not cheap and he's got some trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad