Post-Game Talk: caps sharks/election

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope they remember what happened year ago in this match-up.

Need to play 60 minutes to win this one.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Why do we lose the vast majority of the games against the Sharks? They're a good team, but we shouldn't be getting our butts kicked 5-0.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Ovi and Backis and kind of terrible possession wise together.

They bleed shots against.

CwviLlYW8AEATb0.jpg

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Polls won't close until the 2nd period. Do well in the one period people are watching. Everything afterwards doesn't matter.

Sep 19, 2008
Polls have Holtby winning anyway by a landslide. Williams and Wilson in second by a wide margin.

I love how seriously players are taking the vote. Players literally aren't talking to each other because they didn't vote for them. Lol.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Polls have Holtby winning anyway by a landslide. Williams and Wilson in second by a wide margin.

I love how seriously players are taking the vote. Players literally aren't talking to each other because they didn't vote for them. Lol.

The system's rigged. I've voted for Stick twenty times now, but it's not making any difference :rant:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That could explain why he's been playing like garbage

Have you seen anything physically apparent in his play to this year to indicate he's been playing hurt? His play to me, seemed like it was full of bad decisions and mental blunders, not bad play because he couldn't skate or shoot/pass due to an upper or lower body injury.....dunno....would be awesome if he started playing like a #1 again that's for sure.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Have you seen anything physically apparent in his play to this year to indicate he's been playing hurt? His play to me, seemed like it was full of bad decisions and mental blunders, not bad play because he couldn't skate or shoot/pass due to an upper or lower body injury.....dunno....would be awesome if he started playing like a #1 again that's for sure.

He seems a bit slow to me. He's looked like he's lumbering out there. Normally he takes two strides and he's up the ice... not so much this year. Who knows though, this could be my confirmation bias talking.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

He looks like he's frequently losing his focus and he's slower to turn than he usually is. Could be a little thing that bothers him and takes his attention away from the game.

Damn it if he's hurt let him rest. It's not like he's helping us to win games right now.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Carlson has been slow. I commented recently that maybe he was still feeling the injury from last season. So maybe it was something fresh.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Yes. He's been slower than Brooks Orpik.

This started when he got injured at the start of 2016, hope it's nothing long-term.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Slow to react, Not as explosive, maybe, but his foot speed seems fine to me, dunno hope that's it and it's behind him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He looks like he's frequently losing his focus and he's slower to turn than he usually is. Could be a little thing that bothers him and takes his attention away from the game.

Damn it if he's hurt let him rest. It's not like he's helping us to win games right now.

I think the mental blunders have been clearly apparent more so than a physical issue...who knows.

I'm sure he's dinged up like every hockey player is at times who works through it.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Caps lost both games to San Jose last season and not by a little so I say they win this one. Why not?

Oh and Willy's volleyball bobblehead is AMAZING!!!

Go Caps! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Caps still haven't beaten any really good teams. I know the Sharks are sliding right now, but it would still be nice for the Caps to win this one and show they aren't the same team that coasted in the second half of 15-16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille