Post-Game Talk: Caps/Sabres, 12/9/16, 7pm ET, KeyBank Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Good win, boys. 2pts.

Congrats, Vrana. Grubi with a very solid game. Kuzy is baaaaack??!! I hope so!!!

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Just wanna throw this out there...we win our game in hand and we sit two points behind first place in the NHL. What a terrible slump we're in :(

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
"John Carlson, looks like he has a new lease on life away from Orlov". - Alan May

Is here a good defensive partner in the NHL for Orlov?

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Glad Kuzy and Williams are getting to the shape. Burakovsky is still in the slump and today he was very invisible. TJ is very instrumental to the caps. Johansson is turning to Ovie, even when he has a bad game, he still scores. gruby was solid.

i felt the game was even, even though the score is kind of lopsided. not sure if we aren't that good or buffalo actually is good than people give them credit. 2 points!

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Alan May is right, Grubby does really look a little like Holtby the way he plays in net now. Mitch Korn is a god.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
lol shaving cream to the face from ovi for vrana. Kid seems super calm and cool in front of the microphones too.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
"John Carlson, looks like he has a new lease on life away from Orlov". - Alan May

Is here a good defensive partner in the NHL for Orlov?

I think we brought that up pre season that the danger in pairing 74 and 9 was that it would ****** Carlson's game offensively for being the responsible one.

what I also saw was with Niskanen out, Schmidt picked up his pk minutes. When Schmidt was in the box, Chorney picked up those minutes. That speaks volumes. Orlov is 7th on the pk depth chart on D

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
People seem to either forget or ignore that

I feel like up until he got hurt he was playing like he did in his first season here. He's not quite there yet this season but then again he's not playing the heavy minutes like he did the first season. Given his good play he might with increased minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino