Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers Game 7: Our Hair Turns 50 Shades of Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I was not talking about points or assists, but about goals. Prior to his last goal, he was on pace for 9 goals and change per 82 games. Betts was just under 9 goals per 82 regular season games. So playoff Nash scores like regular season Betts.

What?

Why make this comparison? If you're going to compare "regular season" Betts to anything compare it to regular season Nash.

Playoff Betts had 2 goals in 62 games.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
So playoff Betts and playoff Nash score goals at roughly the same pace? I just puked a little.

FWmaker

Oct 6, 2006
Tough decisions but I'm going with a hart attack because you can make a full recovery. Guys with permanent eye twitch can't get laid.

Rangers win 2-1

I guess I'm in line for not getting laid. I'd better make much more money!

LGR!

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
99% of the time, I am the one that drives my son to hockey practice. I'm letting my wife take care of that tonight since it ends at 7:30 and I won't get home until 8:00. I promised to cook dinner and take care of our other child so that I can pace back and forth and not miss a second of the opening period. Call me pathetic but I really don't give a ****.

Then, this morning she tells me that we have been invited to a barbecue with live music at the home of some friends on Saturday night May 30th. My response: "I'll let you know after tonight if they can pencil me in or not." She knows not to answer on my behalf this time of year.:handclap:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
let's do this.....

lkm364T.jpg

(My thanks for allowing me to copy this) anyone with any idea about his return? I'm suspecting an announcement should we advance. Can't take away focus from game 7.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Nope, it was still an enjoyable season in my eyes. The best regular season Rangers team I've ever seen. I hope the true fans can appreciate that this may not happen again for another 20 or so years.

Yeah, NO.

In my eyes this team will be remembered for not playing one game in this post season where they put forth a full 60 min effort. They lost game 1 of this series because of it. They tried to lose game 6 up 4-1 because of it.

Their lack of effort is what I'll remember and that's more inexcusable than any other reason for losing.

They have the talent to win. They just don't put in the full amount of time in the office to do so. Sad.

fiedy88

Feb 14, 2010
Branchburg, NJ
So excluding the preseason, this will be the 94th game of the year for them. That's a good number, that's got to have some kind of significance, right...?

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
AHHH TODAY IS THE DAY :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Excited. Nervous. Anxious. Tonight is going to be intense.

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
Exactly 2 years ago today the Rangers beat the Capitals 5-0 in game 7 of round 1.
Exactly 1 year ago today the Rangers beat 2-1 in game 7 of game 7 of round 2.
Let's make it 3 years in a row that May 13th is special!!!

Brock Sampson

Feb 23, 2014
not going to make a prediction, because I never have, but I'm feeling good today. It's going to be a LONG ass day at work. Let's go boys. Get. it. done.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
This'll be my last year before law school, so really will be the last time i'll be able to experience the full ride of a playoff run for three years, as i'm sure i'll have my head buried in a textbook this time next year. Let's make it a special run boys!

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Yeah, NO.

In my eyes this team will be remembered for not playing one game in this post season where they put forth a full 60 min effort. They lost game 1 of this series because of it. They tried to lose game 6 up 4-1 because of it.

Their lack of effort is what I'll remember and that's more inexcusable than any other reason for losing.

They have the talent to win. They just don't put in the full amount of time in the office to do so. Sad.

This is so misguided. The Rangers fell asleep for 5 seconds in game 1. And game 6 give more credit to the caps than blame the Rangers. You cannot say the Rangers have any lack of effort. There is another good team on the ice. And remember, even with all the zone time the Caps had in the 3rd period on Sunday the Caps only had 10 shots on goal in the period. Great job by the D not letting shots through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad