Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers Game 7: Our Hair Turns 50 Shades of Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I'm always nervous. My natural state is just high anxiety. So it's even worse when the Rangers and the playoffs are involved. And it's absolutely unbearable on the day of a game 7. I took xanax last year for the game 7 vs Pittsburgh and it was just weird... We won and I was like "ok". So not gonna do that again... just gonna live with the anxiety.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Is anyone else have a part of them that's dreading tomorrow's stress? I'm excited, but nervous as hell.
I always do. This team means so much to me. I never wanna see that moment where we see Hank collapse to the ice in heartbreak, as the OT goal goes in or something. I never want to see this team with their heads down. Every game I'm so invested, like so many of us. So yeah, we're all there with ya, feeling the same emotions and going through the same turmoil. It will be a few hours that feel like an eternity. But in the end, we will all have our arms raised to the ceiling while our feet slam the ground and our voices pierce the heavens in unison. In the end, it will be us...

...then a few days of peace till we start the process all over again.

jgimb

Dec 28, 2012
I'm always nervous. My natural state is just high anxiety. So it's even worse when the Rangers and the playoffs are involved. And it's absolutely unbearable on the day of a game 7. I took xanax last year for the game 7 vs Pittsburgh and it was just weird... We won and I was like "ok". So not gonna do that again... just gonna live with the anxiety.

me too man! terrible anxiety. The herbal remedies assist but when it comes to playoffs... good luck! I am already playing the scenarios through my head... My Girlfriend is always so excited come :(

Kreider Luvs Goalies

May 31, 2009
Hope this is a blowout we can enjoy. But it won't. Cant even feel comfortable with a three goal lead with 15 minutes to go...

I really do believe the winner of this game will go on to win the cup..

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I had a time in my life where I was like that. I lost all emotion. I wasn't upset if we gave up a goal, but I also wasn't happy when we scored. I told my dad that and he thought it was good because I didn't get upset when we gave up a goal. But I'm an emotional person, I need that emotion, not caring if we win or lose was horrible.

Wolfy*

Terrible news about that train that derailed and crashed tonight, on it's way from DC to NY. 5 dead and 130 injured. I guess there were a lot of Cap fans on it, but hopefully not the team.

Edit...should go in the NHL thread, but it's more or less the same.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I won't really get to be nervous, cause due to the Pacific ocean being so damned big, I'll be at work on Thursday morning when the game is on.

So, I'll just have to check my phone at lunch and hope it leads into a good afternoon.

... otherwise my afternoon classes are going to be bloody awful!

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Terrible news about that train that derailed and crashed tonight, on it's way from DC to NY. 5 dead and 130 injured. I guess there were a lot of Cap fans on it, but hopefully not the team.

Edit...should go in the NHL thread, but it's more or less the same.

Good on you for the sentiment. Didn't even realize that was it's route. My thoughts and prayers are with them as well.

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
Nope, it was still an enjoyable season in my eyes. The best regular season Rangers team I've ever seen. I hope the true fans can appreciate that this may not happen again for another 20 or so years.

True dat. If we happen to come out on the wrong end tomorrow, we'll all be as disappointed as hell. Naturally. But some perspective is needed. First, Washington is no slouch (101 regular season pts), and second, we've played 2 rounds without our most dynamic forward.

But I'm thinking positively! Let's Go Rangers!!!!! :handclap:

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
2-0 with Hank's inspiration. I will post this until they fail to achieve.

1PJOCNX278.png

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Well, with 11 games this far in the playoffs, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them being a 1 goal game (according to NHL.com, i haven't double checked that)... is it any wonder that we are all ending up with gray hair ? I mean.. its sort of amazing that half of us hasn't departed for greener pastures already with the above mentioned conditions :)

So crossing fingers for at least a 2 goal win this time around :D

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
What i wouldn't give for us to make a statement here with a nice fat blowout like 4-0 or something. Tell tampa they are heading in for a world of hurt.

Just win.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Would you give me a ****ing break, Nash had more points in the 1st round than Blair Betts had in his entire playoff career [62 games]. This is even worse than people calling Yandle Tom Poti.

I was not talking about points or assists, but about goals. Prior to his last goal, he was on pace for 9 goals and change per 82 games. Betts was just under 9 goals per 82 regular season games. So playoff Nash scores like regular season Betts.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I'm sure I will get a lot of work done today. :sarcasm:

Hags clinches this baby again tonight with the GWG.

LGR!

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
:amazed: Henrik is 5-0 with a 0.80 goals-against average and a .973 save percentage in his last five Game 7 appearances. :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad