Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't see an NHL wide thread at present. Let me drop this here. I am in Watkins Glen NY working as track photographer for teams racing in the SCCA
event here. One of my customers is a tall thin guy that says he is from Ottawa. He introduced himself to me as Craig Anderson. So...guess who?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
From the old thread:

I keep seeing AJF in these proposed lineups for next year. I don't think he is going to spend most of the year in the NHL. I expect him to spend most of it in Hershey

I disagree, I think he'll be their 4LW next year. I'm admittedly higher on AJF than any other forward prospect they have, though. I think he's actually a lot closer to NHL-ready than Gersich is. Plus, with Beagle possibly leaving, they will need more of their depth guys to step up and fill roles on the PK. AJF has been used on the PK at pretty much every level which gives him an advantage over players like Gersich or Boyd.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What's plan B if Carlson bolts? Orpik remains gone.

Orlov Nisky
Kempny Jerabek - both UFAs may bolt
Djoos Bowey
Lewington

I dont want Mike Green.

brinks_truck-1525410184-8064.jpg

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
What are the chances that Axel Jonsson-Fjällby makes the team next season? Love what I've seen from this guy and that mullet/flow rocks.

I think he has a shot to get into some games, but I expect he will be a call up type guy. Of course it all depends on injuries and if other young guys struggle.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'd sell the farm, literally, for Karlsson.
They'd certainly need to consider it. Green would be a sensible idea for the PP at least. I'm not sure Carolina would deal Faulk to the Caps after the Caps refused their slightly stronger offer on Grubauer. Maybe Tyler Myers if Winnipeg wants to clear some cap space?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Basically any of Winnipeg's D would be worth poking around if they lose Carlson and can't work something out for Karlsson. Jacob Trouba via trade or Tobias Enstrom via free agency would both be intriguing to me.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I’m so glad I can properly enjoy ALL of hockey again. This time usually I’m fed up with another bad loss in the playoffs. It’s so much fun to just be free.

GMBM is a star. He doesn’t bullshit, doesn’t overvalue. I feel he is always projecting his stature to the league and other GMs as being honest and fair and truthful. The comments about Gruby back that up.

Way better than the last guy.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I’m so glad I can properly enjoy ALL of hockey again. This time usually I’m fed up with another bad loss in the playoffs. It’s so much fun to just be free.

GMBM is a star. He doesn’t bull****, doesn’t overvalue. I feel he is always projecting his stature to the league and other GMs as being honest and fair and truthful. The comments about Gruby back that up.

Way better than the last guy.

You mean the GM of the year.....

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Does anyone know what the average age of the last 10 cup winning teams was? I figure we probably scale to the average range. Anyways, my point is we were really fortunate with injuries this year, most of our players went the distance, next year given fatigue from the run and just the injury bug regressing to the mean, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of our youth get a chance. Pinho, Gersich, Walker, Boyd, Bowey, Siegenthaler, even Johansen could all see some decent chunk age of games. That's exciting to me.

Frankly, now more than ever, I realize the regular season is pointless. I would prefer we f*** around with our rosters then. Just make the playoffs is really all you need to accomplish. Even the BS positioning for home ice or for opponent is pointless. Think of how none of that mattered in the least.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'd go with someone like Christian Folin or Greg Pateryn on the cheap if Carlson walks. Maybe you hit on one like Kempny (they're of a similar profile). Let Bowey sink or swim on the PP and deal with it at the deadline.

Orlov-Niskanen
Kempny-Bowey
Djoos-Folin/Pateryn

Reactions: RandyHolt

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Wish we signed Kovalchuk and traded Burakovsky, Bowey, our 1st, etc for Karlsson. Also get Joe Thornton to center our fourth line in a quest for the cup.

Ovechkin Kuznetsov Wilson
Kovalchuk Backstrom Oshie
Connolly Eller Vrana
Stephenson Thornton DSP

Orlov Niskanen
Kempny Karlsson
reOrpik Djoos

Last edited:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Does anyone know what the average age of the last 10 cup winning teams was? I figure we probably scale to the average range. Anyways, my point is we were really fortunate with injuries this year, most of our players went the distance, next year given fatigue from the run and just the injury bug regressing to the mean, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of our youth get a chance. Pinho, Gersich, Walker, Boyd, Bowey, Siegenthaler, even Johansen could all see some decent chunk age of games. That's exciting to me.

Frankly, now more than ever, I realize the regular season is pointless. I would prefer we **** around with our rosters then. Just make the playoffs is really all you need to accomplish. Even the BS positioning for home ice or for opponent is pointless. Think of how none of that mattered in the least.

Average age seems like a pointless metric, it's completely different thing if you win a cup powered by under 23 Toews/Kane like stars vs winning a cup powered by an older core with the young guys being depth on the bottom lines and pairing

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Wish we signed Kovalchuk and traded Burakovsky, Bowey, etc for Karlsson

Ovechkin Kuznetsov Wilson
Kovalchuk Backstrom Oshie
Connolly Eller Vrana
Walker Stephenson DSP

Orlov Niskanen
Kempny Karlsson
reOrpik Djoos
:facepalm:

I legit don’t understand the impulse to all-star the roster after we just saw that this team succeeded with fewer big names and more chemistry and commitment.

Reactions: ovikovy817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille