Confirmed with Link: Caps Claim LW Aaron Volpatti

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
He'd first have to scroll through his list and determine if he has those guys' backs or not.

Yeah at this point I have to assume Brouwer was deeply disappointed with how everyone on the team behaved during the lockout...

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
Making Volpatti available on waivers is one of the dumbest moves by Canuck management in a while. Volpatti is a heart and soul player who hits like a truck, won't back down from a scrap, and gives you everything on every shift. You need guys like him to win. Do not expect a goon or a heavyweight because that's not what he brings. He's an honest 4th liner. Damn stupid move by the Canucks.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Making Volpatti available on waivers is one of the dumbest moves by Canuck management in a while. Volpatti is a heart and soul player who hits like a truck, won't back down from a scrap, and gives you everything on every shift. You need guys like him to win. Do not expect a goon or a heavyweight because that's not what he brings. He's an honest 4th liner. Damn stupid move by the Canucks.

Sounds like a top 6 winger on a McPhee team.

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
ahaha, good one George.

He shoots left. Wait for it.... Volpatti- Ribiero- OV

Cup contenders! This guy is all about low risk moves but can't take a chance to build a good team.

Can't blame him. His risky moves brought us a starting franchise goalie for Colorado, Circles Nylander, Jagr, and Semin leaving for nothing.

What a joke. He made his name off supposed home run in OV. Even that appears to be the wrong pick.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Team needs more players like this. Waive Wolski and Crabb and bring in more grit.

professorchaos

Nov 22, 2011
Langley
Not happy we lost Patti, he was always a gamer. His fighting however, while very entertaining, is not where his value lies. He is a monster hitter. If somebody runs Green, Patti will turn it loose on their D (and will usually avoid taking a stupid penalty while doing it). Our team will now have to cough up the lunch money to everyone we play. Sigh.

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
I like this more and more as I read Canucks fans reaction to him being gone, check out the comments section on the TSN site regarding him being claimed by the Caps. Canucks fans are NOT happy.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It shouldn't be a big deal to get a player that hits.

Welcome to the nuNHLite Mario wanted

It used to be that only 1 or 2 players did not hit. Now, only 1 or 2 do.

Mario's Monumental Marketing Malfeasance

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
So, like, a po' man's Clutterbuck? I could deal with that.

But seriously the bar is set so low right now for a plumber to replace #15 and a skill player to bench #17.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am taking my grain shots with a grain of salt after hearing fans on the Crabb that can play on all lines, that got away from Toronto.

Aaron may well come here realize he is the only one that cares, and not care anymore. Man the room is ****ed up and just bide his time to his next contract. I hope not, but I see a lot of players just going through the motions.

We complain about Alex. Slacker. But many grinders or guys with meh skills, questionable speed, never hit. Has a high skill guy ever complained about the guys that could stand to do more, like hit, ever? If I were a forward on our team, I would be pissed at our Dmen that could stand to give a lot more for the team.

Liberati0n*

I am taking my grain shots with a grain of salt after hearing fans on the Crabb that can play on all lines, that got away from Toronto.

Aaron may well come here realize he is the only one that cares, and not care anymore. Man the room is ****ed up and just bide his time to his next contract. I hope not, but I see a lot of players just going through the motions.

We complain about Alex. Slacker. But many grinders or guys with meh skills, questionable speed, never hit. Has a high skill guy ever complained about the guys that could stand to do more, like hit, ever? If I were a forward on our team, I would be pissed at our Dmen that could stand to give a lot more for the team.

Grinders give 150% effort 100% of the time, by definition. Don't you know that?

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Sad to see Volpatti go, I hope he's the right fit for you guys. Don't expect any offense what's so ever. But he'll give you 100% effort every shift and hit everything in sight. He'll stand up for his teammates and throw absolute bombs in a fight. Him and Rinaldo would be a real interesting scrap as neither of them Care much about defense and just throw.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Nothing huge, but I like the pickup. Agressive and doesn't take a lot of penalties - and it's not like our 4thliners are any skilled any way, so we don't lose anything...

The real step ahead is McPhee accepting the thought that re-construction of our team with grinders didn't improve their physical and mental toughness. Thank God he started addressing this.

Now sent Wolski away please. There's no worse player than a player who tries things he can't do all the time.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
I like Volpatti's game a lot, he's a tough, honest player, skates really well, aggressive on the forecheck while still being responsible defensively. Has trouble keeping his shifts to a reasonable length, so he should fit in well with the Caps. Willing to move up in weight class to fight and rarely loses decisively, he's a guy whose fights are well-timed and energize his team. Hopefully he can play a bigger role with Washington than he did with Vancouver, he has potential and deserves a shot.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Has trouble keeping his shifts to a reasonable length, so he should fit in well with the Caps.

Ovechkin and Green being Chief Longshift and Dances with Pucks was soooo 2009; Nobody on the Caps is averaging over 1 minute per shift this year.

It's the not finishing which will make him fit in well with the 2013 Caps.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Ovechkin and Green being Chief Longshift and Dances with Pucks was soooo 2009; Nobody on the Caps is averaging over 1 minute per shift this year.

It's the not finishing which will make him fit in well with the 2013 Caps.

Actually Volpatti has pretty good scoring touch, he just rarely ever found himself in scoring position with the role he was playing. He's one of those grinders who will score a pretty goal out of nowhere now and then, put him with some skill players and you might be surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad