Confirmed with Link: Caps Claim LW Aaron Volpatti

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I wondered if they would after it was announced that Wellman was headed back to Hershey. He should help make Hendricks & Crabb earn their jerseys.

PHI's Sestito & DAL's Wandell on waivers today.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Sounds like he (or his line at least) has been having a decent year in VAN. Not in terms of scoring, obviously, but at least in terms of starting play in the Dzone and driving it in the right direction.

I'll take it. :dunno:

arsmaster*

Caps claim Aaron Volpatti off of waivers from Vancouver.

You guys will like this player a lot, if you have proper expectations.

He isn't a goon, but he'll fight anyone. Pretty fast, hits hard, good for 5-8 minutes a game.

Well liked by his teammates, and a lot of Canuck fan are very upset we waived him (since there was no need for a roster spot as far as we can tell).

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Good move.

We have useless players in the lineup that provide zero across the board like Crabb and Wolski.

Apparently this guy competes, finishes checks and can scrap.

About time GMGM realized the deficiency. Now we need 1 more move just like this.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hopefully this is a Crabb replacement.

Reading the Canucks board, 95% of them had a positive opinion of him. Hope he gets a shot here.

arsmaster*

Hopefully this is a Crabb replacement.

Reading the Canucks board, 95% of them had a positive opinion of him. Hope he gets a shot here.

I'd say 100% of us liked him, he's just one of those guys who doesn't have any more potential than 4th liner, but he's pretty good at his role.

Needs a bit of work stick handling at speed (shouldn't be doing much of this anyways).

He's a gamer, very solid body checker.

IkeaMonkey*

Ward/Crabb/Hendricks/Brouwer/Volpatti/Beagle/Hendricks

Remember a couple years ago when people were like, "WE NEED GRINDERZ!!!!"!!!!""!""!!"

Well **** folks, you got your wish.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Sounds like a decent pick up based on 'Nucks fan comments.

Can he play last night and beat the snot out of Rinaldo?

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Sounds like a decent pick up based on 'Nucks fan comments.

Can he play last night and beat the snot out of Rinaldo?

Decent skater, heavy hitter, lots of energy and is pretty much willing to go with anyone. Won't ever be anything more than a 4th liner but good guy to have if you're missing that pugnacious element.

You'll like him.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Good move.

We have useless players in the lineup that provide zero across the board like Crabb and Wolski.

Apparently this guy competes, finishes checks and can scrap.

About time GMGM realized the deficiency. Now we need 1 more move just like this.

:yo:

It feels good after stating we see a clear weakness on the team hours later our GM makes exactly the type of move we said he needed to do.

Hats off today to all including Alla*beth :) who stated what we saw as the obvious, a soft ass lineup needing immediate help.

Instead of post counts in our BIO, HF should log "nailed it" points. Laich Points

Fight Card
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/13797

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The Capitals claimed physical winger Aaron Volpatti off waivers from the Vancouver Canucks Thursday, in a move that certainly adds more grit to the roster. Volpatti, 27, is listed at 6-0, 215 pounds and is known for his willingness to drop the gloves and dish out heavy checks.

EDIT: Thank You Barney

Maryland17

Jan 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
Will this do anything for our roster before the Jets game.

Crabb is not playing well. He has been beaten to the puck, doesn't hit much, and is at best our 6th best forward PKer. He also looks slow, waive him since we have AV. Losing Crabb wouldn't hurt us on PK.

Forward PKers:
Backstrom
Brouwer
Beagle
Hendricks
Fehr
Chim
Ribs

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Decent skater, heavy hitter, lots of energy and is pretty much willing to go with anyone. Won't ever be anything more than a 4th liner but good guy to have if you're missing that pugnacious element.

You'll like him.

Best part about that video, he clocked him good, then reared back for another but held off because he could see the guy was defenseless. He gets it. No theatrics or antics like Asham did to Beagle.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Good. Green is getting run at every shift. The hit on MP85 carried no fear of retaliation.

This team is soft. And Crabb and Wolski should be in the press box.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
true BCF

I remember back in the 1980s or into the 1990's we were perennially the lowest road team draw.

I wish that we had sent out a player, I think it sends a better message. But this is better than nothing. And watch, the Dramamine line will be playing with more urgency next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad