Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canes - Revenge, or something (730ET)

Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
refs owed us after this yesterday

if it wasant knocked down by orpik then how does it become an unassisted goal?

I pointed that out yesterday. They blew it and blew it again tonight. It seems every night an officiating error is causing or costing a goal. This has been the worst officiating I have seen in this league.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I pointed that out yesterday. They blew it and blew it again tonight. It seems every night an officiating error is causing or costing a goal. This has been the worst officiating I have seen in this league.

lol im trying to point this out to the canes fans on the main board in their nhl is rigged against the canes thread but they dont seem to care

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i just think its hilarious that canes fans are claiming the nhl is rigging games for the caps. yet we have zero cups soooooooo

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
lol im trying to point this out to the canes fans on the main board in their nhl is rigged against the canes thread but they dont seem to care
Everyone keeps whining about the officials rigging games. The officiating has been brutal but not bias. Its been equally brutal for all teams.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
One cane poster called caps fan on this board "total scumbags"

That's weird, canes fans here seem to be more into cringeworthy reddit tier memes rather than following hockey. Can't blame that with their team not doing a damn thing this decade.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
i just think its hilarious that canes fans are claiming the nhl is rigging games for the caps. yet we have zero cups soooooooo

That's not even the worst part...

"Caps fans on here are total scumbags. Celebrating in their thread when they know they had it handed to them on a silver platter. "

How dare Caps fans on here celebrate their teams win. Absolutely classless, you all should be begging for forgiveness.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Karma for the game in D.C. and that 2nd goal.

Wonderful finish from the Caps.
Connolly who normally should be a healthy scratch yesterday (and maybe today) just buy some life on that Caps 3rd line with that goal

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Just re-watched first goal from Eller. What a silly move from canes' player when he was holding Ovy's stick between shoulder and head. He could get serious injury.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
For other fan bases (on the main board) Canes fans are the best, or the more pleasant. This trend is actual for years now. But after reading their GDT today, they look even more salty than Pens fans.
What a bunch of pos.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
probably talking about me :)

im really making them mad on the main boards cause they arent even listening to the fact that yesterdays call and today call even out

And that is exactly why I never mention refs in my posts, it all evens out during 82 games.

In the playoffs maybe not so much, but during the season of course it does.

Also, Ovechkin is so good this season, easily has two more points if his teammates could finish. That's why the cheap 2nd assist on the winner doesn't bother me one bit.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It was an even home and home series. Each team played well and not so well. Each team made bad decisions. Each team had a crucial goal count that was the result of poor officiating (the Caps clearly had possession on the Canes GWG and Kuzy should have been called for a high stick). The result of each team winning in regulation and both teams earning two points seems right to me. My feeling is they're upset because they choked away a lead in pretty epic fashion which is painful to digest and because those points mean more to the Canes right now than they do the Caps.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
And that is exactly why I never mention refs in my posts, it all evens out during 82 games.

In the playoffs maybe not so much, but during the season of course it does.

Also, Ovechkin is so good this season, easily has two more points if his teammates could finish. That's why the cheap 2nd assist on the winner doesn't bother me one bit.
He did have a good game but don't go pumping him up too much. His 2 assists were secondary assists one on a nothing play. The last goal he lost the puck trying to make of a move. Just so happened Backstrom was there to pick up the puck to set up Beagle. He has played better in his own end of the ice as well. He did make one defensive blunder but it didnt cost us. He is playing well. I like his effort.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
That Beagle buzzer-beater highlights just how good Ovie's season has been to date. Even his puck fumbles turn into hockey gold

On another note: just how putrid was that Hannifin turnover producing the Connolly goal. Even if he's panicking about the Oshie pressure (and props to 77 for that), Hannifin put that puck in the only place he was not supposed to with 3 minutes left in a one goal game. Hope the Canes aren't going into their bye, because I'd hate to think about that for a week

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
As far as the Kuzy stick going up on Staal, yeah they dodged one there. But 10"seconds later Orpik got "accidentally" kicked in the nuts, so I think the hockey gods call that even.

Nice call by Joe B. on the Bruce Lee kick to Orpik's sack: "That's gotta be uncomfortable."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad