Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canes - Revenge, or something (730ET)

Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Can't blame Canes fans when your offense for most of the two games was dependent upon your special teams, 5v5 not so much. So you want all the special teams opportunities you can get.

Only got to watch the last 15 minutes of the third period. But noticed after the Caps PP was nullified by a trip call I believe may have been on Backstrom, once back to 5v5 Ovechkin with puck along the boards in the offensive zone got tripped and as a result loss possession of the puck, after which he gave a WTF look back at the referee for the no call. Prior to Orpik taking the skate in the gonads, behind the Caps goal Orpik and I believe Slavin were battling for the puck and Slavin's stick went up and struck Orpik in the face and you could see Slavin gesture an apology to Orpik for the incident, no call. So the no calls occur to both teams in just about every game. Canes fans reactions however are making their fan base quickly approach that of the Boston Bruins and that's not good.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Can't blame Canes fans when your offense for most of the two games was dependent upon your special teams, 5v5 not so much. So you want all the special teams opportunities you can get.

Only got to watch the last 15 minutes of the third period. But noticed after the Caps PP was nullified by a trip call I believe may have been on Backstrom, once back to 5v5 Ovechkin with puck along the boards in the offensive zone got tripped and as a result loss possession of the puck, after which he gave a WTF look back at the referee for the no call. Prior to Orpik taking the skate in the gonads, behind the Caps goal Orpik and I believe Slavin were battling for the puck and Slavin's stick went up and struck Orpik in the face and you could see Slavin gesture an apology to Orpik for the incident, no call. So the no calls occur to both teams in just about every game. Canes fans reactions however are making their fan base quickly approach that of the Boston Bruins and that's not good.
That trip call was on Backstrom and I thought it looked more like a dive from Staal than a trip. There are missed calls every game and every team has had to endure it.

Reactions: ovikovy817

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Caps send Boyd back to ahl (that was a fun journey for him lol) and vrana and bowey to Hershey as paper transactions

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Caps send Boyd back to ahl (that was a fun journey for him lol) and vrana and bowey to Hershey as paper transactions
That callup was pointless. I guess it was in case of another last minute scratch. I'd be pissed if I was called up to be a healthy scratch and then sent down the next day.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i almost had a heart attack haha, i was looking at capfriendly was like holy cow where did all that cap space come from?? totally forgetting the post above haha smh

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That callup was pointless. I guess it was in case of another last minute scratch. I'd be pissed if I was called up to be a healthy scratch and then sent down the next day.

Its his job. I doubt he was pissed. Caps needed an extra skater. It made sense.

Now all of them are back in Hershey so the team can try and accumulate some more sal cap space.

Good.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Its his job. I doubt he was pissed. Caps needed an extra skater. It made sense.

Now all of them are back in Hershey so the team can try and accumulate some more sal cap space.

Good.
Why did they need the extra skater for one night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad