Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canes 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Really? It's nothing against Sanford but Vrana is very good with the big team, 3 points in 7 game is better than 1 in 19
Or maybe GMBM is preparing a trade?

Probably not a trade but who knows with gmbm. His trades usually pop out of nowhere

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If you had asked me a week ago if I would be comfortable with Vrana and Sanford flip flopping time (assuming Sanford was doing well in Hershey), then I would have said yes. But Vrana has been on fire lately. He's helped rejuvenate both Lars Eller as the 2nd PP unit.

If they're adamant on getting Sanford up here, waive Chorney and recall Ness. That's enough cap savings to fit in both Vrana and Sanford.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
vrana going back down could be just a contractual games-played thing

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Unless I'm misreading it or their info is wrong, CapFriendly says there's not enough room for a Sanford recall and no corresponding move.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
vrana going back down could be just a contractual games-played thing

His contract ticks regardless this year. He needs 40 games for this to count as an "accrued season" towards UFA age limitations, but he'll be 27 in 7 years anyway, so the accrued seasons don't matter.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Also, remember all those conversations regarding whether or not the extra few hundred thousand on Wilson's contract mattered? Well here you go.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone else having issues connecting with NHL.tv/NHL.com?

e; Had to update my IP with yonder.tv, fixed

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Also, remember all those conversations regarding whether or not the extra few hundred thousand on Wilson's contract mattered? Well here you go.

tweet update said no move necessary, so no

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
tweet update said no move necessary, so no

Yes, because a situation where they had to go day-to-day with a 22-man roster to bank up enough cap space to get a recall from Hershey clearly means they had enough cap space. :laugh:
Plus now they'll be banking nothing at all towards the deadline.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes, because a situation where they had to go day-to-day with a 22-man roster to bank up enough cap space to get a recall from Hershey clearly means they had enough cap space. :laugh:
Plus now they'll be banking nothing at all towards the deadline.

with the exception of the unspent space they gained from the Laich trade they've pretty much been up against the cap for years, right?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
So is the NHL's cap actually a rolling weekly limit? Is that how they bank it? Its an odd system.

And what a crap goal. Twitter was saying the Caps were looking better, I think they look flustered.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
They aren't going to call the Canes for a penalty I guess. Numerous trips every damn trip by them and they won't call it..

Oh wow did they finally call one?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No worries. System failure.

Niskanen and Grubauer both worked over on the same play. Maybe all this talk about how great they both are jinxed them.

We're still in it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
with the exception of the unspent space they gained from the Laich trade they've pretty much been up against the cap for years, right?

They had ~$1M in space going into last season before the Laich trade. Enough space to add Mike Richards midway through the season and Weber at the deadline, and to carry a 23 man roster with space for AHL recalls for the full year.

They had enough space to bank for deadline additions in 2015 (Glencross, Gleason), 2014 (Halak, Penner), and 2013 (Erat).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland