Half-Assed GDT: Caps Blues: Well Well Well, We Meet Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I hate the changes Bannister made...because I think they will help and I want us to lose. Benching Perunovich hurts the tank. And while we are a one line team when we have Kyoru, Buch and Thomas together, we are a 2/3rds of a line team when we neutralize Kyrou by putting him with Schenn.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I hate the changes Bannister made...because I think they will help and I want us to lose. Benching Perunovich hurts the tank. And while we are a one line team when we have Kyoru, Buch and Thomas together, we are a 2/3rds of a line team when we neutralize Kyrou by putting him with Schenn.
Perunovich has been pretty good during this call-up.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Perunovich has been pretty good during this call-up.

I disagree. He has directly caused several goals by being unable to compete on board battles or in front of the net. He does nothing defensively but waive his stick ineffectually. He is ridiculously sheltered and is among the middle to bottom of the team in advanced stats. He's barely above Scandella for GF/60 despite being used almost completely offensively. Our PP still sucks with him out there, so much so we are trying Parayko on the first pair (and having more success).

He doesn't get lit up when facing the other teams 4th line for 8 minutes starting exclusively on offense. But that isn't playing pretty good to me.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Chaser has a post on Twitter about Oshie coming to visit him at the hospital.

It really is a shame that Osh wasn’t a career-long Blue. Guy is a beauty on and off the ice.
He was part of the problem here, we don't win a cup with him on the team.

Is chuckie playing again?

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I disagree. He has directly caused several goals by being unable to compete on board battles or in front of the net. He does nothing defensively but waive his stick ineffectually. He is ridiculously sheltered and is among the middle to bottom of the team in advanced stats. He's barely above Scandella for GF/60 despite being used almost completely offensively. Our PP still sucks with him out there, so much so we are trying Parayko on the first pair (and having more success).

He doesn't get lit up when facing the other teams 4th line for 8 minutes starting exclusively on offense. But that isn't playing pretty good to me.
Not sure what advanced stats you’re referring to but he is 1st among blues defenseman in CF% and 3rd in xGF%

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Not sure what advanced stats you’re referring to but he is 1st among blues defenseman in CF% and 3rd in xGF%

3rd is middle when talking about D. We have 6 D with 200 minutes plated. He is 3rd in SCF%, Xgf%, 4th in actual GF% and 5th in HDCF%. While he is first in offensive zone starts and weak competition faced, and mistakes leading directly to a goal per 60.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Chaser has a post on Twitter about Oshie coming to visit him at the hospital.

It really is a shame that Osh wasn’t a career-long Blue. Guy is a beauty on and off the ice.

Good on Oshie for visiting Chaser but I don’t think too much of Oshie off the ice.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
3rd is middle when talking about D. We have 6 D with 200 minutes plated. He is 3rd in SCF%, Xgf%, 4th in actual GF% and 5th in HDCF%. While he is first in offensive zone starts and weak competition faced, and mistakes leading directly to a goal per 60.
he starts a whopping 16.9% in the offensive zone, which is less than both Thomas and Buch

he also has the highest expected goal % among all the Blues D

he has 7 total giveaways on the season

Last edited:

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Check your sources again. Natural stat trick has perunovich at 77% o zone start and 71% Ozone face off.
zone starts are as useless as +/-, as the overwhelming majority of shifts start on the fly
a higher % of offensive or defensive zone starts is still a small % of the overal number of times a player steps on the ice

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Sure wasn’t part of the problem when he helped Washington win the Cup.
ok so lets say we keep oshie here. who from the 2019 roster is being moved out for cap space for him.

Perron or ROR?

Oshie was a drama queen and a coach killer who was a perennial playoff choker here. I don't miss him one bit. Nice guy but not a person I want on my postseason team (He is great for reg season shootouts however).

Our cup team was better than the Caps cup team.
They got to play a expansion team in the finals, saying they won a cup against legitimate competition is like saying you are dating a supermodel when she models for walmart website pictures.

the biggest loser of all however is the entire western conference for actually letting vegas make the finals that year. Trashville and Winnipeg showed how big of frauds they were.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Our cup team was better than the Caps cup team.
I love our Cup-winning team, but c'mon. Kuznetsov = ROR at worst, Holtby (that year, in the playoffs) = Binnington at worst, Carlson = Pietrangelo. And then Ovechkin >> whoever you want to put up, and that gap exceeds the sum of whoever else you think on the Blues was better than their Caps counterpart.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Check your sources again. Natural stat trick has perunovich at 77% o zone start and 71% Ozone face off.
zone starts are as useless as +/-, as the overwhelming majority of shifts start on the fly
a higher % of offensive or defensive zone starts is still a small % of the over all times a player steps on the ice

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I love our Cup-winning team, but c'mon. Kuznetsov = ROR at worst, Holtby (that year, in the playoffs) = Binnington at worst, Carlson = Pietrangelo. And then Ovechkin >> whoever you want to put up, and that gap exceeds the sum of whoever else you think on the Blues was better than their Caps counterpart.
The 2019 Blues would destroy the 2018 Caps and it wouldnt even be a close series.

2019 Rask was playing at a far superior level than 2018 Holtby was.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
ok so lets say we keep oshie here. who from the 2019 roster is being moved out for cap space for him.

Perron or ROR?
This is a purely hypothetical, loaded conjecture and presumes there are no other scenarios to consider.

Oshie was a drama queen and a coach killer who was a perennial playoff choker here. I don't miss him one bit. Nice guy but not a person I want on my postseason team (He is great for reg season shootouts however).
Weird, Perron was also a drama queen [white skates? Lots of 1-on-3, 1-on-4 offensive play? Lots of ignoring coaching instructions?] and a perennial playoff choker here. And, elsewhere after he left here. His goal in the 2018 playoffs came with him literally sitting in the net and having the puck go off of him. Going into 2018-19, everyone's expectation was "nice guy, might put up regular season stats, ... going to f***ing disappear in the postseason."

P.S. - that time between when Perron left and Oshie left? Same head coach for the Blues. 🤔 Oshie must have sucked at killing coaches after Perron left.

They got to play a expansion team in the finals, saying they won a cup against legitimate competition is
I'm just going to stop right here.

* Montreal got 2 Cups and Boston got a Cup playing "a[n] expansion team in the finals." I don't see anyone calling those 3 Cups illegitimate.
* Vegas at 107 points was very legitimate competition. The Golden Knights were light years better than those Blues teams that got to the Finals, who couldn't go even .500 against the O6 teams in any of those 3 years.
* Washington had to come back from 0-2 at home against Columbus, had to slay their perpetual playoff nemesis in Pittsburgh, and had to come back from down 3-2 by winning at Tampa who led the Eastern Conference with 113 points. Let's not pretend they got there by beating Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal and then ended up with Arizona in the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad