Post-Game Talk: Caps and oilers (Stephenson vs Mcdavid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Boring game but glad they got the 2 points. Ovechkin could easily have 3-4 more goals these last 3 games. He has missed a ton of open nets.

Reactions: calicapsfan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Two points! Both teams trying to keep alive and Caps played for the shootout. Holtby my first star.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

1st and 4th lines were both disasters against a team coming off a back-to-back.

It’s nice that they won but again this type of play isn’t going to work in the long run (only 19 SOG against a tired team). Unless you expect Holtby to put up a .967 every night.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
1st and 4th lines were both disasters against a team coming off a back-to-back.

It’s nice that they won but again this type of play isn’t going to work in the long run (only 19 SOG against a tired team). Unless you expect Holtby to put up a .967 every night.

And dominating the last two seasons didn't work in the long run.

Personally, I have been clear, I am on board with tanking but if they got in as an 8th seed would anyone here really care?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Kuzy's not shooting thing has reached the level of performance art. It's questionable hockey, but I'm honestly starting to enjoy it as a form of entertainment.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
And dominating the last two seasons didn't work in the long run.

Personally, I have been clear, I am on board with tanking but if they got in as an 8th seed would anyone here really care?

I care. I still want us to make the playoffs, because if we don't, we'll be in the no-man's land of 9th or 10th place. Everyone wants to tank these days but there's only one winner in the lottery. Besides, we shouldn't be trying to tank with a roster like ours. We're an average team but we need our young guys to become better to make the transition to the post-Ovechkin era smoother.

BTW, I saw on the Oilers board that you called yourself a huge Oilers fan and an Ovechkin fan, not a Caps fan. Good job infiltrating us, you had us believing that you were a Caps fan ;)

Reactions: StrikingDistance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino