Confirmed with Link: Caps acquire Brenden Dillon from San Jose for 2020 2nd and (cond.) 2021 3rd rd pick, 50% retained

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
It’s going to be
Carlson Kempny
Dillon Orlov
Jensen Gudas

... and I’m fine with that,

Siegs goes down to Hershey where that D will be ridiculous.

We still have money for a forward too - and we have a ton of D prospects. I have a feeling another move is def coming

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Ovi-Kuzy-Wilson
Dillon-Gudas

Kuzy could just dodge in and out of the melee, trying not to trip up on all the teeth scattered over the ice

I'd suggest the slight variation of...

Ovi-Eller-Wilson
Dillon-Carlson

...just for the fact that those 5 would have an average height of 6'3 and an average weight of 221 lbs. Call it the Monstars lineup and hope nobody signs Michal Jordan for the playoffs!

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
With what cap?

What top 9 forward that is impactful could we possibly fit in with basically only 900k of space available?

Dont know the answer to that question.. but trading Jensen frees up 2.5M of annual space... so would need someone to retain 50% and you could basically squeeze in a Krieder.. not that I think they have a chance at him.. just throwing an example out there.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
It’s going to be
Carlson Kempny
Dillon Orlov
Jensen Gudas

... and I’m fine with that,

Siegs goes down to Hershey where that D will be ridiculous.

We still have money for a forward too - and we have a ton of D prospects. I have a feeling another move is def coming
There really isn’t much money for a forward unless Jensen/Kempny/Panik are moved out.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Ideally he'd be a RHD, but he's a legit top-4 vet with a defensive bent. This is your Brooks Orpik replacement with a bit more skill.

Unless there's another move in the pipeline, I'm betting on Orlov making the switch to RD.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Kempny is?

Dillon Carlson
Orlov Jensen
Siegenthaler.Kempny Gudas

Kempny Carlson
Dillon Orlov
Siegenthaler Gudas
Not anymore it seems but that doesn't mean we should force the guy to play over his head. If he makes it work somehow then great

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I love the one tweet....plays physical with no offensive ability to speak of.

Orpik lite?

Can/will he drop the mitts?? The 80’s/early 90s cro magnon in me wants to know.

Yes, he can and will drop the mitts if necessary.

He's really a very good defensive D-man, who can actually move the puck and skate it out of danger as necessary. He'll get the occasional fluke "How in hell did THAT go in?" goal, but that's about it as far as he himself scoring goes, but he doesn't handle the puck like it was a grenade, either. He's big, physical, and will use his body to clear the crease and hit people. He's not the fastest skater in the world, but he is by no means slow, either.

He actually has looked very good being opposite both Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns, taking the role of defensive anchor of the pairing, and allowing the more offensive guy to activate more. It shouldn't surprise you guys to see him get put next to Carlson and do quite well there. He's at worst a solid #4, and is well regarded by both his teammates and us fans. I think you'll find that pretty much all of us Sharks fans are sad to see him go, but are very glad he went to such a good team, with a real chance to make a run for the Cup. Depending of course on if/when/where Jumbo gets traded, I think most Sharks fans will be pulling for you guys as a result of this trade.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Siegenthaler has been playing ~12/13 minutes a game recently, and Gudas often around the same, while Kempny has been pretty consistently at 18 or 19 minutes. I’m not saying Kempny might not get bumped down to the third pairing (though I think everyone recognises Jensen is the bigger issue in the top-4), but I can’t imagine it’s anyone but Siegenthaler, Jensen or Gudas being bumped out the lineup. Or, given those were the three that sat for Fehervery, it wouldn’t surprise me if some sort of rotation occurred.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not anymore it seems but that doesn't mean we should force the guy to play over his head. If he makes it work somehow then great

I don't see any avoiding him playing that shutdown role. Either he plays with Carlson or he plays with Orlov. If he plays with Carlson and is not doing shut down duty, it means Orlov and Jensen are still doing it

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Siegenthaler has been playing ~12/13 minutes a game recently, and Gudas often around the same, while Kempny has been pretty consistently at 18 or 19 minutes. I’m not saying Kempny might not get bumped down to the third pairing (though I think everyone recognises Jensen is the bigger issue in the top-4), but I can’t imagine it’s anyone but Siegenthaler, Jensen or Gudas being bumped out the lineup. Or, given those were the three that sat for Fehervery, it wouldn’t surprise me if some sort of rotation occurred.

Oh, it could be Kempny as easily as Jensen. Dillon gives them with Siegenthaler 2 legit pk LD. That leaves Kempny, Jensen and Gudas. Gudas has been pretty solid in his role.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Some options:

Dillon-Carlson
Kempny-Orlov
Siegs-Gudas?
Jensen

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Gudas
Siegs-Jensen

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Jensen
Siegs-Gudas

Dillon-Carlson
Siegs-Orlov
Kemps-Gudas

Dillon-Carlson
Siegs-Orlov
Kemps-Gudas

I have a hard time seeing Gudas get scratched - we need his defensive snarl and grit. Also, not sure that I see Kemps or Siegs playing on their off-side. Orlov has before and has been good there.

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
SJ fans seem not happy so that has to be a good sign, right?
He is very well liked by fans and in the room (so it seems). He is good playing as the physical anchor to PMD and plays key minutes from a 4/5 role. Can't really ask for more from a guy who isn't a superstar, but literally every team would/should want on the roster.

Evaluating the deal, if you don't re-sign it might be a high price for a rental... but he's exactly the kind of player you want to be adding (admittedly I know jack about your defensive depth though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad