Confirmed with Link: Caps acquire Brenden Dillon from San Jose for 2020 2nd and (cond.) 2021 3rd rd pick, 50% retained

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I wonder what the condition is for the 2021 3rd rounder.

That still leaves us with 2 3rd rounders this year (including Arizona's).

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
From this article looks like he can play on both sides:

"Dillon is one of the few bright spots on the Sharks this season, having provided 4 Goals Above Replacement to date (per Evolving -Hockey’s model) and ranking fourth on the team in the metric. With his situational versatility, his penalty-killing, his ability to play on either side of a pairing and his physicality, Dillon is one of the most attractive players across the league to deadline-day suitors and should command a decent return."

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I expected more than this but it's also probably better that it could have been. I guess we'll have to see what this guy brings to the table before assessing the deal.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Most people say you need at least 8
Well they have 9 as is with Djoos and Fehrevary. I don’t know what will happen but considering the cap situation, it wouldn’t be surprising to see a defensemen moved for a forward.

San Jose fans seem to think pretty highly of Dillon. Excited to watch him on Thursday.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
From this article looks like he can play on both sides:

"Dillon is one of the few bright spots on the Sharks this season, having provided 4 Goals Above Replacement to date (per Evolving -Hockey’s model) and ranking fourth on the team in the metric. With his situational versatility, his penalty-killing, his ability to play on either side of a pairing and his physicality, Dillon is one of the most attractive players across the league to deadline-day suitors and should command a decent return."

Isn't Evolving Hockey the model that thinks Ovechkin is a replacement-level player this year? Not sure how much credit I'd give their assessment.

That said, I'm not complaining. Considering what Scandella just got, it seems like Dillon was a bargain.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
The most common pairings he has been on the last 3 years are with Burns, Karlsson, Braun, DeMelo, and Heed. All righties. I don’t think he is going to be playing on the right side so it appears he is either:

A. LD1 with Carlson
B. LD2 with Orlov

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
If he can anchor a pairing, maybe

Orlov-Carlson (this is pretty much transitioned this way right now anyways)
Dillon-Jensen?

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If he can anchor a pairing, maybe

Orlov-Carlson (this is pretty much transitioned this way right now anyways)
Dillon-Jensen?

I think it depends entirely on what level of defensive load they want Carlson to carry. Put Orlov with Carlson and they have to match up against the oppo first line. Carlson's offense will suffer. Dillon and Jensen would provide nothing offensively

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Went over some past information.

Dillon has played on his off-side from time-to-time.

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Dillon
Siegs-Gudas

Jensen, LuJo, draft pick for a top-nine forward.
With what cap?

What top 9 forward that is impactful could we possibly fit in with basically only 900k of space available?

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad