Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs. BJs at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
This team is worse than last year. They are still good but man they have regressed. They are slow, turn the puck over way too much, and lack any creativity offensively. I really think this team needs to make a trade or two in order to be able to make a deep run.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
This team is worse than last year. They are still good but man they have regressed. They are slow, turn the puck over way too much, and lack any creativity offensively. I really think this team needs to make a trade or two in order to be able to make a deep run.

Plus they stopped hitting

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Okay that was a funny joke Trotz. Now let's get some real lines.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
They are an offensive black hole.

This "grind it out" playstyle has destroyed the Capitals' creativity for good.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
This brand of hockey is unwatchable. We know they're not real contenders playing this way but they're also boring AF. Barry and McLellan need to fix this.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
8-92-77
90-19-65
82-20-14
26-83-43

Enough with the cute experiments. Put the lines that work together.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Or maybe they decided last year's Pens are the blueprint for success now. Smaller, faster, less hitting.

You're leaving out the most important part of the Pens blueprint: spending the first half of the season playing bland, defensively responsible hockey and failing to live up to expectations. I think we've got that down to a T.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
This is dreadful, all I can hope is that they're saving their energy to have a Penguins style 2nd half of the season. I doubt it though :shakehead

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Or maybe they decided last year's Pens are the blueprint for success now. Smaller, faster, less hitting.

They can't be smaller and they've got to be one of the slower teams in the league. So all you've got is a team that hits less.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
You're leaving out the most important part of the Pens blueprint: spending the first half of the season playing bland, defensively responsible hockey and failing to live up to expectations. I think we've got that down to a T.

That would entail a coaching change and we don't exactly have any options for a Coach if that were to happen. It also -won't- happen as Ted is the guy who'll ride a coach into oblivion if he can.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
That would entail a coaching change and we don't exactly have any options for a Coach if that were to happen.

??

We could easily do same thing Pens did with Sullivan and Caps did with Boudreau. Bring up the AHL coach.

Mann should be here at midseason if Caps still look like crap by then IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad