Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs. BJs at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Grubauer is getting the start so that Holtby can play the Penguins. The lines were something like this:

8-83-65
90-19-77
82-92-14
26-20-43

Apparently Chorney is in for Schmidt again tonight per Isabelle.

Last edited by a moderator:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I feel a losing streak coming....

Hard to see them getting up for this game...

Maybe it's just me but i feel pretty confident about that game. Brutal last game and i'm sure Trotz has paid some attention to the scoreboard for CBJ's last 3 home games. 8 goals scored on the Blues and 10 on the Habs. If they crap the bed again and have to listen to that cannon 5+ times tonight, heads will roll.

Predicting win today and then return to the comfortable mediocrity with a loss to Penguins tomorrow.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Jackets' first divisional game of the season. They've been busy playing the Western Conference for the most part.

Columbus Lineup
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Hartnell-Sedlak-Gagner
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson

Werenski-Savard
Murray-Johnson
Nutivaara-Prout

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Scratches
Harrington

Injured
Clarkson, Jones

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
CBJ Fan .....here in peace.

If you haven't seen him watch #8 on the other team. We can't help but watch your #8.

Zack Werenski shows real promise on the blue line.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
CBJ Fan .....here in peace.

If you haven't seen him watch #8 on the other team. We can't help but watch your #8.

Zack Werenski shows real promise on the blue line.

I'm just wondering how on God's green Earth Tortorella is coaching an offensive team again. I thought he was done with the run and gun since he won the Cup with the Lightning.

Werenski has been the biggest surprise of the year so far. I didn't know about him this summer.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Columbus is a bad team on a hot streak. I'll be disappointed if the Capitals don't carry the play.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Some of us got to see a good bit of Werenski in the Calder Cup final series. My only question was how long his defensive game would mature because it was clear he had dynamic offensive instincts. He's proven the later early on. I haven't watched their games but his advanced stats at least are very strong.

CBJ's second and third D pairings are pretty bad. That alone should help with territorial play.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Zach Werenski really caught the eye and was really good at the last WJC. Propably the best D on that tournament along with Juolevi. Provorov was good there too but i've always been bit surprised of the praise he was getting all along when Werenski in reality was always right there neck and neck with him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe it's just me but i feel pretty confident about that game. Brutal last game and i'm sure Trotz has paid some attention to the scoreboard for CBJ's last 3 home games. 8 goals scored on the Blues and 10 on the Habs. If they crap the bed again and have to listen to that cannon 5+ times tonight, heads will roll.

Predicting win today and then return to the comfortable mediocrity with a loss to Penguins tomorrow.

The Pens game is looming....kinda hoping our best performance is the next one if I have to choose, and with this team, you usually have to choose on some nights....lol.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Niskanen looks like garbage. Three bad clears through the center of the ice already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille