GDT: Capitals @ Rangers: Big City Greens Edition | 3/14/23 | 7:00p ET

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Damn, that’s some rough injury news for the hurricanes that pretty much tanks their playoff chances I think

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’m still rooting for wins I think?

FWIW Hockeyviz has them at 16% to make the playoffs. That number. Can go up to something like 25% with a win tonight and some luck on the out of town scoreboard.

1678832373303.png

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
“The chicken ref,” said director Jeff Nelson of ESPN. “Once he drops the puck, he poofs away and appears again when there’s a faceoff.”

Don’t expect any Wes McCauley-style penalty announcements. At least, not the kind you might expect. From Wyshynski:

It was already determined the chicken would also sound like a chicken. For example, if there’s a controversial penalty during the game, the virtual announcers would have the ability to interview the chicken ref, who will justify its call with impassioned bocking, clucking and other fowl noises.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
My firm belief is the ESPN contract will hurt the NHL worse than help.
Considering they're putting it in a walled garden, yeah. Going on Amazon and getting broadcast on twitch or going to youtube would have been huge for them.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
We started with the Greens broadcast and a couple of minutes in she said it was stupid. A couple of minutes later she asked to switch back. My 12 year old knows how terrible this ESPN broadcast is.

• Haha
Reactions: shtorm2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad