GDT: Capitals @ Rangers: Big City Greens Edition | 3/14/23 | 7:00p ET

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
They keep talking about 1994 lol. So much fail.

My only negative is Sandin don't have 3 assists.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
a2de89531ff9815a78af1269cec6fb47.gif

Mission Accomplished

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
They just don’t have the possession game to make pulling an empty net worth it. They’d be better off giving up possession, getting it back and trying to score off the rush. Maddening
You want them to do the same on the PP? Similar issues. The puck doesn’t move fast enough and players are relatively static.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
On the “let’s see what we have for next year:

* Alexyev continues to do both good and bad things but overall trending towards he can be a top 6 dee man.
* Protas proved he should be in the lineup - we need to give him a lot of games down the stretch
* snively has invisible to me. Does not inspire for next year
* Sheary has not looked like someone we should resign.
* Strome is legit

We need a top six winger.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
On Z’s second goal, where Shesterkin had the assist - sure, AA got a bit embarrassed, but they were also keying right on Backy, and attacking the middle of the ice (not just here, throughout the game). And he had no chance on his backcheck of Z.

I was really rooting for 19’s comeback - love the guy. But if this is truly the best he can muster, he is going to kill this team for the next couple of years.

Even just putting aside all that cap space - imagine how much more exciting it would be to have a competition next year for 3C amongst - Protas/CMM/maybe even Dowd?

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
On the “let’s see what we have for next year:

* Alexyev continues to do both good and bad things but overall trending towards he can be a top 6 dee man.
* Protas proved he should be in the lineup - we need to give him a lot of games down the stretch
* snively has invisible to me. Does not inspire for next year
* Sheary has not looked like someone we should resign.
* Strome is legit

We need a top six winger.
I thought Snively's speed put some forecheck pressure on NYR early in the game but then don't recall seeing him much there after. They just need more team speed (mainly looking at Oshie, who can compensate in other ways, but Backis is a challenge.

Reactions: Neil Racki

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
On Z’s second goal, where Shesterkin had the assist - sure, AA got a bit embarrassed, but they were also keying right on Backy, and attacking the middle of the ice (not just here, throughout the game). And he had no chance on his backcheck of Z.

I was really rooting for 19’s comeback - love the guy. But if this is truly the best he can muster, he is going to kill this team for the next couple of years.

Even just putting aside all that cap space - imagine how much more exciting it would be to have a competition next year for 3C amongst - Protas/CMM/maybe even Dowd?
I think there is too much prejudgement on Backy's recovery from hip surgery. For a major hip injury like Backy had, it can take more than a season to recover from. I think with an off-season where he can rest and do more strength/conditioning, Backy can become a better player again. I also feel a different coaching staff can better help him as well.

Reactions: RedRocking

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Really disappointing to come away with 0 points on a night where both the Penguins and Islanders lose. A win last night and tonight against Buffalo and we could have been right back in the mix.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Kuznetsov should be embarrassed. He’s always in the bottom three. Would be nice if he at least acted like he was trying.

Me when I see Matt Irwin at the top of the list: that’s bad, mkay?
Yet we still got people who are like…..”might as well keep him”…….

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

Missed the game but this kinda solidifies the team accepting their fate in missing the PO's. If Ovi thought there was a chance in salvaging their PO hopes, he would of been on the ice last night. Dude will play through almost any minor injury. Unless he has a lower back from carrying this organization for 15 years.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad