Rumor: Capitals interested in goalie MAF

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Just curious as a Devils fan that if Samsonov was available, what would you want in return.

We can take back cap dump to help faciliate the Fleury move. Would someone like Pavel Zacha interest you as a replacement for Mantha?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
It’s such bunk. Did the King balk at coming to DC? His time against the Caps was just as heated.

if Fleury really feels that way, then enjoy your last few years playing for a shit team.

flowers are soft, after all

Jesus you're taking it personal.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
??

that’s bizarre.

First, Jesus has nothing to do with it.

Second, it’s pretty lame for any player to pass up a chance to win due to something that occurred 5+ yrs ago.

it’s Pro Sports. Not a Hatfield marrying a McCoy

MAF doesn't owe anyone anything... like you said, its just a sport.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I am of the opinion we should role within the tandem we have. They have turned it around lately.

Reactions: txpd

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I am of the opinion we should role within the tandem we have. They have turned it around lately.

and could just as quickly reverse course….we’ve seen this cycle before.

If not MAF as a sure starter, I like the idea of a Holtby as a 3rd platoon guy….then let ‘em fight it out. If he’s cheap.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It’s such bunk. Did the King balk at coming to DC? His time against the Caps was just as heated.

if Fleury really feels that way, then enjoy your last few years playing for a shit team.

flowers are soft, after all

There are players in this league that hate the Capitals, hate Ovechkin, hate Washington. Clearly for Lundqvist and Chara it was a desired location. If MAF is in the no camp, I'd rather go with Holtby than run another Jagr deal thru here.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
There are players in this league that hate the Capitals, hate Ovechkin, hate Washington. Clearly for Lundqvist and Chara it was a desired location. If MAF is in the no camp, I'd rather go with Holtby than run another Jagr deal thru here.
I get all that. But MAF at 37 and soon to be a UFA isn’t marrying the Caps for 11 or whatever years like idiot Jagr did.

come and try and win a Cup. Get your name on their again, and with a different team. Certainly would cement his legacy.

only a team to 2 really needs a G, from this that have a chance. Caps are the most obvious.

if he doesn’t want to come, then he doesn’t. He can dick around with the Blackhawks and then go sign with the Coyotes or something as a UFA.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I get all that. But MAF at 37 and soon to be a UFA isn’t marrying the Caps for 11 or whatever years like idiot Jagr did.

come and try and win a Cup. Get your name on their again, and with a different team. Certainly would cement his legacy.

only a team to 2 really needs a G, from this that have a chance. Caps are the most obvious.

if he doesn’t want to come, then he doesn’t. He can dick around with the Blackhawks and then go sign with the Coyotes or something as a UFA.

My take is that the Caps wont be his only choice

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Id love to see any old Caps player saying they dont want to go to Pens. So if thats where Fleury is, i respect it.

its not soft, actually the opposite. For todays players its too easy to change between two rivals.

Reactions: McVechkin

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Id love to see any old Caps player saying they dont want to go to Pens. So if thats where Fleury is, i respect it.

its not soft, actually the opposite. For todays players its too easy to change between two rivals.
Sorry. I think it’s Charmin.

his legacy is more important than the Penguins. Thinking otherwise is simply naive and stupid

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe he feels his legacy is intertwined with the Pens?

Not the first and won’t be the last to not want to go to a rival.

Seems narrow minded to not understand these are humans with feelings.

PS - I don’t think he needs this to cement his legacy….that’s done already IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad