OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just checked it out…..shockingly violent…I’ll continue for sure…..and I hate that terrible syfy mullet lol…
Hahah the rebels mullets actually kinda grew on me!

Untitled.png

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

yeah its time to crack down. I did have my netflix login in the netflix app on the fire tv at my Dad's place though he can never watch it on his own since its beyond his tech knowledge and now really bad vision but now stopped that just bought him a chromecast ultra that I can use and just stream via my subscriptions that way.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I haven’t watched a ton of Netflix recently. It’s slowly losing a lot of their most popular non-Netflix owned content to other streaming services once their streaming contracts are up. A lot of their own content has been pretty meh since the pandemic started and a lot of their most popular shows are on final seasons or have wrapped up. Their in house produced movies are always hit or miss (mostly miss). I wonder if they end up having to switch around their overall business plan with the increased completion for eyeballs and their subscription base dwindling.

I did dig The Adam Project. It was one of my more favorable Netflix made movies. Also excited for the Ryan Gosling/ Chris Evans movie The Gray Man that’s coming out this year. A Russo brothers film based on a book series I believe.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I haven’t watched a ton of Netflix recently. It’s slowly losing a lot of their most popular non-Netflix owned content to other streaming services once their streaming contracts are up. A lot of their own content has been pretty meh since the pandemic started and a lot of their most popular shows are on final seasons or have wrapped up. Their in house produced movies are always hit or miss (mostly miss). I wonder if they end up having to switch around their overall business plan with the increased completion for eyeballs and their subscription base dwindling.

I did dig The Adam Project. It was one of my more favorable Netflix made movies. Also excited for the Ryan Gosling/ Chris Evans movie The Gray Man that’s coming out this year. A Russo brothers film based on a book series I believe.
definitely up and down.....still lots of great content...

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I’m going to have to rewatch the original for a reminder on the story and characters it’s been so long since I’ve seen it. And 4 sequels, one every 2 years starting this Dec.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I’m going to have to rewatch the original for a reminder on the story and characters it’s been so long since I’ve seen it. And 4 sequels, one every 2 years starting this Dec.

Check out the directors cut. Avatar still looks ridiculously good just showing how ahead of the tech curve Cameron was. Covid is one thing but still surprised at how slow things are getting released. Need Cameron to start championing 8k bluray discs or something.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Check out the directors cut. Avatar still looks ridiculously good just showing how ahead of the tech curve Cameron was. Covid is one thing but still surprised at how slow things are getting released. Need Cameron to start championing 8k bluray discs or something.
I haven’t watched the first one in years. Waiting till just before the 2nd is released to refresh my memory.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Fun….

can’t wait to start new Star Trek series….Babylon 5, Bsg….I’ll take em all…

Agreed but the time of day they are doing it 6AM to 6PM Fridays makes no sense to me. Who the hell is able to watch during those hours? I guess my DVR will be busy for 12 hours every Friday…

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I found Venom: let there be carnage pretty entertaining. One of the big things was it had a quick pace and only 1:37 minutes long. 4K blueray format was nice.

Sep 19, 2008
Two good things on right now

- Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (2022) (be warned if you intend to bring kids to this one, it's gory)

- We Own this City on HBO Max

Reactions: usiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad