OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Probably in another thread but "Nobody" is awesome.

Anyone watch "Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch"? Is that shit for real?

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Bad Vegan on Netflix, that was some wild shit
All i could think of every time they cut to this guy

Reactions: max21

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Fan of his work, but I’d ban Will Smith for life from the Academy Awards for that nonsense.
I had to look this up but... he's not, like, trashed and about to go into rehab I have to think he knows both of those people and who was more cool about what.

I'm not saying that's how you need to handle your business but if she's maybe not as strong about this behind closed doors and y'all got enough money to last you a while... maybe slap the motherf***er?

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
It was DEFINITELY a stupid thing to do. How was Rock supposed to know she has alopecia? The audiences at these things have zero humility when comedians roast them some while hosting/presenting. Your audience has zero sense of humor, but you insist on hiring Chris Rock, Bill Burr, and Ricky Gervais to come tell jokes there? He needed to act like a man, count to ten, then settle it backstage or out in the parking lot if he's still tweaked about it later.

Chump move, taking a swing when he knew Rock would assume he was just clowning around. Totally bizarre...

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Then the audacity to get up and in his acceptance speech and say he’s a “vessel for love” in his tear filled “oh shit what did I do?” moment….hell he just won best actor….he can cry on command…

he’s lucky he apologized….I’d still not invite him back for a few years if I lead the Academy. Much much worse jokes have been told. Hopefully Rock didn’t know….but still, you can’t have people assaulted for jokes….poor taste or not.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Will Smith looking visibly devastated in that live interview when his wife confirmed to him that she slept around while he tried to pretend to be ok with it and then this over the top reaction tell me there’s some weird shit going on in that relationship.

Also, who cares. A dude worth $300M slapping a dude worth $100M for making fun of his wife is the lamest of stories.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Yeah I didn’t actually know they were all already crazy so this changes my thoughts on things a bit

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
First episode of Moon Knight pretty not bad. Effects are shonky but the way they depict his shifting between personalities is really good, seems very appropriately disorienting

They could f*** it up easy and decisions are always harder than potentials but after one episode it seems like any decent creative would be licking their chops to play with the threads they’ve put out

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
First episode of Moon Knight pretty not bad. Effects are shonky but the way they depict his shifting between personalities is really good, seems very appropriately disorienting

They could f*** it up easy and decisions are always harder than potentials but after one episode it seems like any decent creative would be licking their chops to play with the threads they’ve put out
Ahh cool will check that out in a bit. I admit I did collect Moon Knight comic series back in the early nineties. Not sure why I liked it since it was a bit of a batman knock off but I'm a sucker for the egyptian godz stuff. And was always sort of vainly hopeful for Marvel to go darker/more adult cause at that point was going more indie comics for the darker more realz stuff.

Halo 2nd episode OK. Not treading new ground on plot. "Why did you do X? I don't know." "Why did you do Y? I don't know". I do like the world building the sets are cool and feel pretty real.

I really dig that Kwan Ha hair cut let that be a thing please. SciFi mullet that is actually cool.
kwan-ha-halo-s1e1.png

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I will never understand that vocal online fanbase that wants more "Snyderverse" movies.
Man it was terrible, I’m just going to assume that was a very expensive movie though it looked cheap. Characters didn’t work well together and it was just weirdly paced

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad