Salary Cap: Cap Crunch Part 6: At Least We Have Rundblad

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
gotta think and hope its shaw/bickell + mcniel maybe.....

Bickell is toast, shaw is a very usefull player for almost every team and mcniel could flourish on a lesser team........

shaw is expandable due to hartman/garbutt and likely a few other kids......

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No chance its Desi. He just resigned for a discount and showed loyalty to the org. I can't foresee it being Shaw either. So then we're left with Bickell, Morin, Tropp, or Garbutt.

I shouldn't completely rule out Shaw if he's moved with Bickell and McNeil. I just can't see it tho with all the roster turnover doing it 2 weeks before the season. I'm ready to just roll with what we have. Moving Bickell was ideal before we lost Saad/Sharp/Oduya. Just buy him out in summer. For now he's a guy that's 220lb+ and can at least throw hits like he did last postseason.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
No chance its Desi. He just resigned for a discount and showed loyalty to the org. I can't foresee it being Shaw either. So then we're left with Bickell, Morin, Tropp, or Garbutt

agreed on Desi.......but why not shaw? He is a gonner after this season anyway

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
agreed on Desi.......but why not shaw? He is a gonner after this season anyway

He's a heart and soul guy that I only want to lose if we can't resign next June. Let that sort itself out in the summer and let's make another run at a cup. This is about maximizing our potential to win this year. Trading Shaw probably doesn't help that situation. Just like trading Seabrook wouldn't either, even tho he may be a goner as well (I don't think he is).

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Bickell + McNeil + (insert one of the thousand bottom six guys we have)
For anything.

I dont see them moving Shaw.

Also didnt see them moving Saad or Johns.... sooo. my track record aint great this summer.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Bickell + McNeil + (insert one of the thousand bottom six guys we have)
For anything.

I dont see them moving Shaw.

Also didnt see them moving Saad or Johns.... sooo. my track record aint great this summer.

They also moved them when we had no cap and needed to clear space to resign guys and field a squad. Now they can roll into the season with a very solid team, probably still top 3 in west.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Bickell and Rundblad for a proper bottom pairing D! Will retain if necessary...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
So Rundblad is once again in the dog house?

He never really left.

Q identified Svedberg as his boy early in the pre-season, don't think there was much chance of Rundblad getting into the lineup under Q outside of injury or cap-related player bussing between the big club and the minors.

It's too bad for Rundblad, because he had a pretty good pre-season and was the 4th best Dman on the ice in the first game. Then he got yanked. There was no real performance reason for it, it was pure personal preference on Q's part, and to say Svedberg is an upgrade on Rundblad is a reach at best. They're basically interchangable in performance, one just looks like giraffe.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Didn't have anything with Q identifying Svedberg as his "Boy"

It simply has to do with reality that Rundblad is terrible hockey player and was terrible to start this year in his only appearance as well

There is plenty of performance reason for Rundblad to not play ,, He is just an absolutely awful hockey player

And Svedberg has already shown himself to be a bigtime upgrade over Rundblad. Its reality not a reach

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

It simply has to do with reality that Rundblad is terrible hockey player and was terrible to start this year in his only appearance as well

There is plenty of performance reason for Rundblad to not play ,, He is just an absolutely awful hockey player

And Svedberg has already shown himself to be a bigtime upgrade over Rundblad. Its reality not a reach

Nonsense.

You don't have much credibility to begin with mister 'we should sell at the deadline', but when you state blatant falsehoods, it only drains what little credibility you have left.

Rundblad had a -11.82 ZSO%Rel and played more minutes than both TVR and Daley, demonstrating that Q himself deemed him the better option in most situations than TVR and Darley. He wasn't sheltered at all. And he came out of that game with the BEST possession stats on the team.

But he was scratched the next game. Again, there was no performance based reason to do so.

Pure personal preference.

Your nonsense agenda against Bowman and Rundblad has ventured into the arena of self-parody.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Svedberg is not a huge upgrade over Runblad. He is an upgrade but he has a few major issues (see below).

1) He is weak on the puck.
2) He has a TERRIBLE habit of screening the goalie.
3) He coughs up the puck or panics a lot.

Your reality is rarely if ever right. Your reality is being sellers at the trade deadline and thinking that Dahlbeck was a legit prospect that by trading him ruined our team. You also think AA is not a 2C and that Stan is a brutal GM. You also think the Rundblad deal is going to leave the franchise in shambles.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Nonsense.

You don't have much credibility to begin with mister 'we should sell at the deadline', but when you state blatant falsehoods, it only drains what little credibility you have left.

Rundblad had a -11.82 ZSO%Rel and played more minutes than both TVR and Daley, demonstrating that Q himself deemed him the better option in most situations than TVR and Darley. He wasn't sheltered at all. And he came out of that game with the BEST possession stats on the team.

But he was scratched the next game. Again, there was no performance based reason to do so.

Pure personal preference.

Your nonsense agenda against Bowman and Rundblad has ventured into the arena of self-parody.

Sorry, not best possession on the team. He currently has the best possession numbers on the team, because he hasn't been around for the some of the possession ****-kickings the Blackhawks have been through since he left.

He was the third best possession d-man in that game behind Keith and Seabrook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad