Rumor: Canucks trading for Slater Koekkoek?

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I hope Koekkoek gets a shot somewhere. I still think he can be pretty good.

Not sure what Tampa asks in return for him. They might just keep him so as to not get burned by injuries.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Koekkoek has impressed me this year in a limited role. I wouldn't trade him, he's cheap depth and he'll get better. Than again, we are in very good shape with our D prospects and he's at a point where he needs more NHL time.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Koek is an awesome skater and has some raw talent. I think he can become a nice middle pair dman somewhere. I don't think Tampa is that place however.

Not sure what Tampa would want from Vancouver though.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Koekkoek and Dotchin was the top pairing in last year's Syracuse Calder Cup run. And they pretty much carried that team along with Gourde who earned a sport in the big boy roster this season. He has nothing to prove at the AHL level and just cannot get his opportunity with the Lightning. He is 23 years old and has missed two years of development due to injuries and surgeries. For whatever reason he did not get the opportunity in the Lightning organization. He was behind Garrison, Hedman, and Coburn ... and at some point also fell behind Nesterov. Then we went and got a super talent in Sergachev and Koekkoek has patiently waited his opportunity, he is a good soldier. I think the Lightning look for complementary players and are looking at a more offensive minded player.

This kid is an NHL defenseman...just needs a shot somewhere. Whoever gets Koekkoek will be immediately pleased as long as you don't expect gaudy point totals. At his peak he should net 30 points without primary PP time and solid defensive play. Like other Lightning players that just need a change of scenery to flourshish (Panik, Connolly, Gudas, Marchessault, etc.) he should prove great value to whoever nets him.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Wrong on both counts.

Given he was a healthy scratch, not much. Probably a very late pick.
Yeah Tampa would just keep him then. If we could get like a 2nd we'd probably do it but a late pick for a guy who still has some top 4 dman upside is pointless.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Koekkoek has been playing against the Comets for a while now...3 years? That is something like 36 or more games between Crunch and Utica ... you should ask your Utica fans what they think of Koekkoek. He has certainly played enough games g to warrant some kind of scouting response. And J. Subban sucks. Koekkoek is a large upgrade over him. Koekkoek doesn't get PP time for those looking at point totals. I rather move Sustr to be honest and not Koekkoek.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
We need a #1 Center and Captain for our AHL club. We need a middle 6 winger - maybe a complementary piece to Killorn and Johnson. I'd take your 2nd rounder and an aformentioned AHL piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad