Rumor: Canucks trading for Slater Koekkoek?

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
What does vancouver offer up? Baertschi or Granlund?
Picks on either side to even it out

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
average D-man? that is funny. Did I hit a sore spot? Guess I did. Edler is injury prone--It has been 6 season since he played a full season and Tanev has only played 70+ games once as a pro in 7 years. Larsson has playd 79 and 82 the last 2 seasons--for me that is pretty good--as opposed to injuries
To be honest, from the outside looking in, it looks to everyone like you have the sore spot. It's a thread about Van potentially making a move for a Tampa player and you've managed to drag in your drama from other trade board threads. Take a deep breath and a step back from HF.

Moving forward. I really have no idea what Van would even offer, which makes me think this will be a Benning classic and comprise of a depth player and a pick 2 rounds too high.

Curious to hear what Tampa fans think Stevie Y might be looking for?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
To be honest, from the outside looking in, it looks to everyone like you have the sore spot. It's a thread about Van potentially making a move for a Tampa player and you've managed to drag in your drama from other trade board threads. Take a deep breath and a step back from HF.

Moving forward. I really have no idea what Van would even offer, which makes me think this will be a Benning classic and comprise of a depth player and a pick 2 rounds too high.

Curious to hear what Tampa fans think Stevie Y might be looking for?

No rush to get rid of him right now, as splitting time between him and Sergachev seems to be working well. I'd assume they're still high on Koekkoek's ability to become a top-4 dman, however if he were traded now I'd assume picks considering all I'm seeing is forward prospects which we're stocked on.

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
In a rebuilding context I don't see the urgency to trade picks for a dman.
First, let's see what we have in Pouliot, Biega, Wiercioch and Chatfield.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
There have been rumors of Van looking at Reinhart, Buff could want a D from us, so maybe we are moving a forward to replace the D. Hutton seems to have value around the league whenever insiders talk about him. Less so with fans though.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
1. Assemble team of really high draft picks
2. ???
3. Profit

Erik Gudbranson #3 OA
Thomas Vanek #5 OA
Jake Virtanen #6 OA
Sam Gagner #6 OA
Alexander Burmistrov #8 OA
Derrick Pouliot #8 OA
Slater Koekkoek #10 OA
Brandon Sutter #11 OA
Sven Baertschi #13 OA

quite the list of guys that never panned out. to be fair Vanek was pretty good for a while.

This list almost mirrors vancouvers draft record.
White,Hodgson, Schroeder,Jensen,Gaunce...

Last edited by a moderator:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Somebody help me....other than flogging Jason Garrison to the Bolts for a second-rounder, have the Canucks and Lightening ever made a meaningful trade?.....the other team in Florida, the Panthers, seem to be the Canucks favorite trading partners. Can't believe the Bolts would be trading a d-man and acquiring only picks back.....besides the Canucks are up against the salary cap....put this rumour in the same category as Duchense from the Av's.

Feb 24, 2017
Has this guy even been right on anything?

Seems like there's a new thread with his tweets every week. Is he just hoping something sticks or is he really clued in?
He only reports stuff that he actually hears from people who actually may know stuff.

I don’t mean that in a snarky way. He’s just not one of those beg for clicks dudes. He’s a newsman.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I think it is a smart move for Canucks. koekkoek is a fast dman and his value should be low. It is at most a 2nd for him. Tampa has Hedman, strahlman, sergachev, dotchin, etc. Only problem is yzerman is not easy to trade with. He wins a lot of trades.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2