Rumor: Canucks prospect and U of M Captain Jacob Truscott will be testing free agency- Will not sign with the Canucks

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Canucks probably wanted to free up a contract spot and dumped Jurmo. i.e. Jurmo was negative value or no value.

The point is, no one cares about a nothing prospect.
Jurmo isn't signed, he's on the reserve list.

Recent scouting reports I've seen figure he'll maybe be a AAAA defenseman, since he has size and skates well, he'll get an opportunity. He wouldn't have much value, but definitely not negative.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
born in michigan, played with the ntdp u-17/18 teams in michigan, then went to university of michigan. gee i wonder where he'll sign.

Maybe not exactly the same, but the Flyers dealt Michigan native / Wolverine Cooper Marody to Edmonton in 2018. Marody signed with Edmonton but only had a couple cups of coffee in the NHL.

Although I can't seem to find if the Flyers were worried Marody was a flight risk or if they sold high.

If I were looking for a path of least resistance to the NHL, I'm not sure Detroit would be the team. Ben Chiarot and Jake Walman are signed for a couple more seasons. Simon Edvinsson would be higher on the totem pole for a spot next year. And then they have a similarly aged and arguably better guy like Shai Buium.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Rangers could use LD. As beloved as Ryan Lindgren is, I wonder if Drury will commit.

After that, the Rangers only really have Zac Jones and Matthew Robertson in the pipeline, and they’ll want a shutdown type there I think, so Jones would be expendable.

As-is, the 3LD spot has been a rotating cast over the last few years…Braun, Nemeth, Gustafsson, Jones, etc.

Still, he might find a more streamlined path to an NHL spot elsewhere.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Is there even Jimmy Vesey upside in this guy, as a fringe NHL roster player?
If not, step right up, step right up for the prize that can be yours if you enter the Canucks' Ilya Mikheyev Sweepstakes :sarcasm::nod::naughty: BOGO!!.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Given the sudden boost that happened to Brz's stock after getting traded away from Vancouver, I expect Truscott to be compared to Cale Makar within the week.

• Haha
Reactions: lawrence and bh53

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Jurmo isn't signed, he's on the reserve list.

Recent scouting reports I've seen figure he'll maybe be a AAAA defenseman, since he has size and skates well, he'll get an opportunity. He wouldn't have much value, but definitely not negative.
Jurmo's value is somewhere between nothing and future considerations. He is a non-prospect

Brent Burns Beard