Canucks Management Discussion | Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Prediction: Gudbrandson has a terrible year, finishes -30, and the Canucks don't qualify him next summer.
Oh he'll probably preform like a # 5 dman and get a 5 mil per year contract for 5 years.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Would love new owners to come in and just completely clean house and do an actual rebuild.

This so much. I really hope Aquaman sells once he gets his Vegas expansion fee money and his towers are completed. Though I am slightly worried that new ownership might give the current management group one extra year before deciding their fate.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This so much. I really hope Aquaman sells once he gets his Vegas expansion fee money and his towers are completed. Though I am slightly worried that new ownership might give the current management group one extra year before deciding their fate.

I think any competent ownership would be able to walk in and identify and solve the major problems pretty quickly.

I truly believe we will be dead last in the league next year

Sadly I think it's in the best interest of the franchise to be just horrible next year and force change in management and coaching. We need t show that we want to rebuild properly and stop with this Calgary Flames of the late 00's retool BS.

But if we're bad I just see the Aquillini's make rage induced short term moves to patch the holes in the sinking boat.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Wait, which goalie coach was this? Link?
It was from reddit, tried to find the original but the OP deleted his post, the comments are still there tho.

Pauser summarizes it here:http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=118948881&highlight=bill+ranford#post118948881

Basically that when Bill Ranford interviewed with us, he left with a negative impression about upper mgmt and ownership, felt that they were on different pages and did not have the same direction.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
It was from reddit, tried to find the original but the OP deleted his post, the comments are still there tho.

Pauser summarizes it here:http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=118948881&highlight=bill+ranford#post118948881

Basically that when Bill Ranford interviewed with us, he left with a negative impression about upper mgmt and ownership, felt that they were on different pages and did not have the same direction.

Wow, I remember reading this but completely forgot about it. Thanks. This could very well have legs to it...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere, so I'll put this here. From HW today:

Also says the Canucks are pretty much out of the running for Lucic, and Stamkos doesn't have the slightest interest in coming here, of course.

On Lucic:

Good times.

This franchise is in complete disarray at every level. Terrible ownership. Impossibly bad management. Lousy couch. Brutal roster.

We are the single worst franchise of the 130 NA professional sports teams right now. Anyone thinking otherwise is in complete denial.

We're a joke. An embarrassment.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013

Do you think theres a reason the OP was deleted? Maybe it was just a BS story? Just always wonder why when OP's are deleted

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
This franchise is in complete disarray at every level. Terrible ownership. Impossibly bad management. Lousy couch. Brutal roster.

We are the single worst franchise of the 130 NA professional sports teams right now. Anyone thinking otherwise is in complete denial.

Hey man we still aren't Cleveland Browns level bad. ;)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Do you think theres a reason the OP was deleted? Maybe it was just a BS story? Just always wonder why when OP's are deleted
My speculation of course, but I think the reason why it was deleted was because the OP didn't think it could be linked to them when it was posted, but he posted who his source was... Maybe he felt guilty for releasing the source and fear for it coming back to him. Only he/she would know the real reason. :dunno:

If someone was to make this up, they are preaching to the wrong choir there at r/canucks.

Butcher

Dec 7, 2013
The goalie coach story is pretty sketchy. Ranford was still under contract with LA at the time and LA would have needed to give permission for the Canucks to even talk to him.

Things like teams giving permission for other teams to negotiate with contracted employees are generally reported, regardless of position.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I can't say I'm surprised, I've suspected this all along but man hearing this still hurts. :(

Canucks fans need to find a way to get rid of Aquilini.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
My speculation of course, but I think the reason why it was deleted was because the OP didn't think it could be linked to them when it was posted, but he posted who his source was... Maybe he felt guilty for releasing the source and fear for it coming back to him. Only he/she would know the real reason. :dunno:

If someone was to make this up, they are preaching to the wrong choir there at r/canucks.

r/canucks has a major hard on for Benning.. If you say one negative thing about Jimbo you get downvoted and ridiculed like crazy

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
It's sad, but my favorite part of the Lucic response tweet was not only does he not like what we have but he doesn't like where we are headed. Doesn't like the current or the prospects. So you know just the entire team.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
It's sad, but my favorite part of the Lucic response tweet was not only does he not like what we have but he doesn't like where we are headed. Doesn't like the current or the prospects. So you know just the entire team.

Yep, and I don't blame him.

Given the choice between playing with McDavid, Pulj, Draisatl, Hall, etc. versus whatever the hell Benning is putting together, I know what I would choose.

I'm frightened to see what happens once they get even more desperate.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i think the canucks have to be currently the worst among NA pro teams, but i get the feeling status quo won't be tolerated as long as a few of their competitors

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
i think the canucks have to be currently the worst among NA pro teams, but i get the feeling status quo won't be tolerated as long as a few of their competitors

Yeah it sort of depends on how to define "the worst." I still think a competent FO can turn the Canucks around reasonably fast, despite the damage done by these idiots.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

And yet we might make the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad