Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to the Kraken 5-2, Stay on the Wagon because we ain't Stopping!

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Ruthervin must trade Petey, Miller, Hughes, Hronek and Demko at the TDL.

Clearly all the fortnight addicts calling for a tear-it-down-rebuild were correct all along, it's sad that they were so unfairly criticized.

These moves will lay the foundation for sustained contention, and more importantly the Canucks recover that 5th round pick which will otherwise undoubtedly haunt them over the next decade of deep yet ultimately fruitless playoff runs.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Remember that "briny" ocean air is really rotting seaweed. Take a lungfull next time you're at the docks (or the beach if you want to avoid the perfume of bilgewater).
--
"PK's are aggressive" -Tocc points out the opposition's PK plan against us now after scouting.
--
The Bruins game is only after one day and it's an afternoon game. That's 11 games in 18 days, mostly on the road with very little rest at home, two back to backs and two or three morning games. With our stars not getting the ASG break. This wasn't the same as the surprising last road trip.

We don't get two days off until after tomorrow. Next time, Vancouver fans need to flood the ballot box with our competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Play

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Game could have also used DeSmith in net again to show Tocchet still believes in him and give Demko another rest till Saturday. We'll probably have Demmer in again for that game, darn it!

And The Gambling Man didn't listen to me when I said we needed Lotto line reunited till Josh gets back. And for crying out loud, quit playing Hughes all those minutes. Quit playing him 1:30-2min on the powerplay, double shifting him and shortening the bench when your losing. Rest him up before you pull the goalie.

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
Complete highlight package:

Last edited:

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
the effort level tocchet demands is catching up to the team. you can't play a full season at that intensity (let alone playoffs). i think the team will be fine but they need to find a way to win some games where they don't go all out

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The PDO train has left the station. I don't think they've played that badly, but they're gonna have to figure out how to win when bounces aren't going their way.

They generated so little offensively against Seattle. It's been an issue all season, that was papered over with high shooting percentages to this point.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Yeah, like obviously a Tocchet level player wasn't available, but that's they type EP needs on his line more than a Lindholm

this reminds me that when pittsburgh traded for tocchet in his prime, they sent away two future hall of famers, coming off 113 and 93 pt seasons respectively. one was a young offensive dynamo who had just finished top five in scoring at age 22 and the other was one of the greatest two PMDs ever who was still dominant at 30 and had one more norris in his future.

the pens got back a big stay at home d and a quality backup along with tocch.

so yeah not only isn’t there a rick tocchet available, it would cost us so incredibly much to get one we’d be cutting off several limbs to add one.

Reactions: supercanuck

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Game could have also used DeSmith in net again to show Tocchet still believes in him and give Demko another rest till Saturday. We'll probably have Demmer in again for that game, darn it!

And The Gambling Man didn't listen to me when I said we needed Lotto line reunited till Josh gets back. And for crying out loud, quit playing Hughes all those minutes. Quit playing him 1:30-2min on the powerplay, double shifting him and shortening the bench when your losing. Rest him up before you pull the goalie.
Only line able to control play away from QH was the Joshua Blueger Garland line.

So we are kinda forced to just play him a ton.

Reactions: LuckyDay

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
this reminds me that when pittsburgh traded for tocchet in his prime, they sent away two future hall of famers, coming off 113 and 93 pt seasons respectively. one was a young offensive dynamo who had just finished top five in scoring at age 22 and the other was one of the greatest two PMDs ever who was still dominant at 30 and had one more norris in his future.

the pens got back a big stay at home d and a quality backup along with tocch.

so yeah not only isn’t there a rick tocchet available, it would cost us so incredibly much to get one we’d be cutting off several limbs to add one.

Wouldn't want him on my team, but an E. Kane (or a Hyman) would be a good fit on EP's wing. EP, at least right now, is not built to play that forechecking style of Tocchet. You can tell he tries with the hits, but it no doubt takes a big toll on his skinny frame.
-----
Just realized that Benning's brother was also involved in that blockbuster trade. No doubt the key in the deal.

Feb. 19, 1992

Los Angeles Kings Acquire:
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings

From PIT:
Paul Coffey
From PHI:
1993 3rd round pick (PHI - #62 - David Roche)
Trade

Philadelphia Flyers Acquire:
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers

From PIT:
Mark Recchi
From LAK:
Brian Benning
1992 1st round pick (LAK - #15 - Jason Bowen)
Trade

Pittsburgh Penguins Acquire:
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins

From PHI:
Rick Tocchet
Kjell Samuelsson
Ken Wregget
From LAK:
Jeff Chychrun

Last edited:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
LTIR Mikheyev until the playoffs then trade him or buy him out this offseason

Open up some deadline space a la Vegas and lets go shopping again!

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
I can't find the post now but someone, Wonton 15 I think, mentioned something about Hoglander not being on the fourth line anymore. I think that's a pretty huge factor in our recent run of play. We were dominating games because we were able to run 4 in your face lines. The fourth line has lost all it's jam, similar to the 3rd line without Joshua.

Really hoping Petey and Lindholm can get that chemistry developed after some more practice and the home stretch coming up.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan

Tocchet is such a refreshing change of pace from "We had a lot of chances. Good team over there"

I wasn't too happy after last night's poor effort by the Canucks.

Then I saw this interview after the game on Sportsnet. I felt relieved and confident afterwards. Tochett is a heck of a coach, so refreshing after what we've been through the past 10 years.

Love Tochett

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
But apparently the Canucks medical staff is the issue. :laugh:

They are still tied for the best record in the league. All the back to back games are done and they play 15/23 at home. But hey let’s piss our pants because a dingbat ran this franchise for 8 years.

f***ing enjoy the present. Or don’t. Just bitch and bitch and bitch for the ultimate rebuild. I’m looking forward to the team playing in late April and perhaps June. It’s 30 years since Padraig created a great team only to get f***ed by Terry Gregson and two posts. People forget Marty also hit the post, besides Lafayette.

The gods owe us one.
Not sure why you are pissing your pants and whining/bitching at my post and lead to this conclusion that my post was in any way critical to the Canucks in any shape or form. Terrible reading comprehension skills. Do better. Embarrassing. Sit this one out kid.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Tocchet is such a refreshing change of pace from "We had a lot of chances. Good team over there"

Lotta respect he never calls out individual players. Bad as Mikheyev has been. He's far from the only one deserving a smack upside the head. Boeser, Hronek, Pettersson, Cole... the list goes on really. Even Hughes is playing extremely sloppy, though I don't think it's for lack of effort on his part.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
has anybody mentioned joshua yet?

i thought that guy was simply complimentary to garland but clearly not easy skates to fill. the garland line has lost lits crash and bash cycle mojo, guys have started picking on garland, and now suddenly we are a finesse only forward group and miller is having to step up. good times.

bains has been good but i'd like to see a physical call up. if podz is not ready, who else we got?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
First four game losing streak of the season, and some fans are breaking their ankles leaping off the moving bandwagon.

In a way it' good that this slump is happening now. Allvin still has time to take stock and plug some holes before the TDL expires.

Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3