Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to the Kraken 5-2, Stay on the Wagon because we ain't Stopping!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It’s been a tough stretch in terms of scheduling that is almost certainly playing a part in this run of play. It’s not an excuse but a five game road trip with two quick games at home then right back on the road for two 10am PST back to backs (at altitude too) is insane.

Powerplay is costing games but they’re about to be back home for a week so they need to hunker down and work the kinks out. The month of March is basically spent entirely at home so that will be good for this team down the stretch.

Bruins/Jets/Avs/Stars are also going through a similar stretch right now. That’s hockey. This team is being battle-tested and it’s a good thing it’s happening in mid-February.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
urge-to-kill-rising-simpsons.gif

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
To add one more positive point. We have played the most games in the entire league and we are in first place. We did what we had to do. Now we gotta capitalize on our easier travel schedule heading into the post season.

Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Honestly what the hell do we do with the monstrosity that is Mikheyev right now? He had one shift in like the entire third period. Running into the playoffs with Loui Eriksson 2.0 at 4.75M is insane when we desperately need grit, sandpaper, and scoring depth. At this point I wish we kept Kuzmenko instead just so our PP has a formation

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It’s been a tough stretch in terms of scheduling that is almost certainly playing a part in this run of play. It’s not an excuse but a five game road trip with two quick games at home then right back on the road for two 10am PST back to backs (at altitude too) is insane.

Powerplay is costing games but they’re about to be back home for a week so they need to hunker down and work the kinks out. The month of March is basically spent entirely at home so that will be good for this team down the stretch.

Bruins/Jets/Avs/Stars are also going through a similar stretch right now. That’s hockey. This team is being battle-tested and it’s a good thing it’s happening in mid-February.

Yeah I think it’s evident the team is exhausted, but the ways they’ve lost are extremely frustrating.

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
I’ve given ep such a long leash but I’m genuinely concerned. Play ramps up and he’s a complete non factor in almost every one of those games. Just not a play driver at all.

Jt miller tho babyyyy

Reactions: Indiana and bbud

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Team desperately needs some rest and some practice time. The structure that they could fall back on is gone.

Reactions: Indiana

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

As I said earlier in game thread had to expect a bit of a letdown at some point the travel which has been brutal a couple injuries and some refs tilting ice has made a bad 5 games that said rather be now as you post the important games are ahead of us.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I guess it was probably going to happen sooner or later. The team wasn't as good as their record indicated so these losses where it looks like everything isnt going their way was a little expected

These dog days at this time of the year is precisely why it was important to have put those points in the bank with their strong start. Better to have these demoralizing set backs now than in the start of the season

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Honestly what the hell do we do with the monstrosity that is Mikheyev right now? He had one shift in like the entire third period. Running into the playoffs with Loui Eriksson 2.0 at 4.75M is insane when we desperately need grit, sandpaper, and scoring depth. At this point I wish we kept Kuzmenko instead just so our PP has a formation

For now we just sit on it, he has defensive utility unlike Kuz.

I am frustrated with Mikh as well but keep in mind he had surgery on his knee, soft tissue. It’s going to take time to recover, so he loses his best asset. That and Leafs fans kinda prepared us for this.

I think we definitely need another D to eat minutes and bump guys down to proper roles

Thissssssssssss

Ideally you trade for a #2 and everyone is pushed to roles they can handle. Hronek I see as a 2-3 tweener. So I’d like him better as the 3.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
They probably deserve to be 1-3 or even 2-2 over this stretch of games, but instead they're 0-4 due to dogshit reffing in the first two games and a tough b2b at altitude in the 3rd. Probably wrecked their confidence a little along with the rough travel they've had recently. Like I said in the GDT, this is probably one of the worst 5 games they've played all season at 5v5, so a loss is deserved.

If they figure out PP1, this game (and the others) are much closer than they are. Switching Miller to the top left half wall didn't seem to help on the short PP they had at the end of the 2nd... it's a movement issue. Once they start moving again, PKers won't be able to pressure them as effectly anymore.

Worst Canucks tonight were probably Cole, Hronek, and Hoglander. Juulsen not taking Eberle in front was also horrific. Didn't like Boeser or EP40's overall compete level in the game, but they made some decent plays here and there.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
no sugar coating that game

two players looked ok imo (bains / miller)

everyone else looked awful

Reactions: calnuck

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I wonder if the team didn't support the Kuzmenko trade. Not necessarily the acquisition of Lindholm but the trading away of Kuzmenko.

Just spitballing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2