Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to the Kraken 5-2, Stay on the Wagon because we ain't Stopping!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
has anybody mentioned joshua yet?

i thought that guy was simply complimentary to garland but clearly not easy skates to fill. the garland line has lost lits crash and bash cycle mojo, guys have started picking on garland, and now suddenly we are a finesse only forward group and miller is having to step up. good times.

bains has been good but i'd like to see a physical call up. if podz is not ready, who else we got?
Agreed on Garland..Tanev would’ve eaten a knuckle sandwich from Joshua if Joshua was in the lineup.

It’s open season on Garland right now.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Like I'm really pumped we get a nice, cushy homestead for March before the playoffs arrive - it will serve us well; But the fact we've played more games than any other team in the NHL since about 2 months ago, and have had by far the longest travel AND road schedule AND b2b games is annoying as hell. I'm tired of hearing about how difficult our schedule has been but I'm stoked the team gets to stay close in March.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I do see where those who are growing impatient or seeing red flags are coming from.

But I'm still confident the team will put out of this, just as I was in November or whatever when they went through that stretch of .500 hockey and lots of people on the outside (and some on the inside) thought the bubble had burst.

At the time, I blamed the schedule and I do again somewhat now save for the powerplay (because the problem here seems to be lack of planning, execution and effort rather than fatigue).

However, it is likely we've already seen our peak in the regular season because of how a lot of our depth has tailed off and it's hard to see all of them recovering. It's really funny how guys can go from very quality depth players to complete non-factors or even liabilities in a short period of time and it seems like it was ages ago that they were valuable contributors.

I think it'll be interesting to see what the coaching staff does from here on. It's been all roses for Tocchet so far in Vancouver, and deservedly so, but now we'll see if he can help pull this team out of it or if it'll be same old Canucks once again.
I don't actually think the depth has tailed off. It's the top players who have. Even Hughes isn't quite as good as he was early in the season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Joshua is adding to his off-season contract numbers, just by sitting on injury reserve. That third line has all but disappeared without him. And the Canucks physical play has fallen off a cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad