Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 10-7 (Miller x3, Pettersson, Boeser, Zadorov, Cole)

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Also DeSmith wasnt garbage. Most of the goals he had zero chance on.
I agree. Watching the highlights again, a lot of those goals, especially the ones on the comeback, had Canucks standing around missing their assignments. A great goalie snags a few of those a game, but that's Demko, not our backup. Competent defense should keep those shots from ever happening. Even back to last game, we're seeing a lot more blown defensive assignments.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I agree. Watching the highlights again, a lot of those goals, especially the ones on the comeback, had Canucks standing around missing their assignments. A great goalie snags a few of those a game, but that's Demko, not our backup. Competent defense should keep those shots from ever happening. Even back to last game, we're seeing a lot more blown defensive assignments.
I think it will be a long time before we see such a random unfortunate series of events in a game. Over the course of a month you might have 2 pucks deflect off skates and in(plus the goal that deflected off Cole) but they happened in the same game yesterday. Nevermind all those 5 on 3's. Some teams might not have four of those all year.

It was one of those fluke games where everything went wrong after we went up 5-2.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I think it will be a long time before we see such a random unfortunate series of events in a game. Over the course of a month you might have 2 pucks deflect off skates and in(plus the goal that deflected off Cole) but they happened in the same game yesterday. Nevermind all those 5 on 3's. Some teams might not have four of those all year.

It was one of those fluke games where everything went wrong after we went up 5-2.
That'd be nice. Eventually, you get worried, but you're right in that we're not there yet.

• Love
Reactions: Play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad