Dreger: Canucks Looking to TRADE to fix D

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
B's have zero interest in Miller, mostly because of the cap, but so that's not happening.
Less than zero interest in OEL. Makes no sense at all.

The only one that makes ANY sense is Garland and I just don't think that is even likely. I'm not a huge Carlo fan, but they really don't have any other options and moving him for a wing is pretty counterproductive.

Yeah doesn't sound like a fit - was hoping you guys might tear it down and move some guys like him but doesn't appear so.

We could send you Poolman (big rhd) back as part of the package but we would have to add then as he's probably negative value atm even with his salary only being at 2.5.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I would say the OEL trade was more to get Garland was it not?
....I hope so.

But the reality is we moved a bunch of cheaper contracts, expiring sooner, and got a player we honestly didn't really need. Based on style of play. Both Garland and OEL played well. But the cost to acquire them was too much, and Benning was desperate.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
That's fine if the fit isn't there. The Sharks aren't in any hurry to move Karlsson until he's ready to go. OEL just has no spot here as the Sharks have a plethora of LHD's between Ferraro, Vlasic, Nutivaara, Simek, Knyzhov, Megna, and Hatakka. OEL is certainly better than most of them maybe all of them but trading Karlsson for OEL only makes sense if it's a straight swap with no retention.
I love Pink Floyd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad