Rumor: Canucks looking at Long Term deal for Hughes; Bridge for Pettersson

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
If you honestly think Tyson Barrie is even in the same conversation as Quinn Hughes then there's serious questions about your ability to judge players.

That's not evening considering your "Hughes brothers are busts" assessment.

They seriously need to look at the water quality in Edmonton.

So Bob Nicholson is not the only one who is questioning the water in Edmonton lol

Oilers In Tree

Sep 10, 2021
Edmonton
If you honestly think Tyson Barrie is even in the same conversation as Quinn Hughes then there's serious questions about your ability to judge players.

That's not evening considering your "Hughes brothers are busts" assessment.

They seriously need to look at the water quality in Edmonton.
What does “as for this past season” mean to you? Does that mean in the future? Ad infinitum? My post was clear lol.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Looks like they aren't close at all

Kampen mot klockan: ”Har svårt att hitta det”

JP Barry interview in a Swedish Paper today.

"I can't say we're getting any closer. Right now we're waiting for their reaction to a suggestion we've made. We're talking to each other, but the opinions on what the contract should look like differ."

"Money and term goes hand in hand and right now we can't seem to agree on either one of them."

"He (Elias) is cool. Of course he's continuously getting information on what's happening and right now he's just preparing as good as he can for the season."

at least they are talking and there is back and fourth

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
What does “as for this past season” mean to you? Does that mean in the future? Ad infinitum? My post was clear lol.

One post. You made several comparisons to their playstyles and effectiveness earlier that was not in reference to last season while also ignoring the fact they're at completely different development stages. I understand you're trolling for reactions but you need to maintain some consistency or it falls flat like right now.

I'm more interested why you're judging two players at different development stages but also confining that judgment to a single season. What do you expect to glean from that exercise? Shouldn't we review Tyson Barrie at Hughes's age and earlier? Barrie did not possess the offensive or defensive ability Hughes did - he wasn't even a regular NHLer. Barrie managed to polish his game but it's outside the realm of possibility that Hughes will ever get better, according to you.

And again, this isn't even touching your "Hughes brothers are busts" gem.

Oilers In Tree

Sep 10, 2021
Edmonton
One post. You made several comparisons to their playstyles and effectiveness earlier that was not in reference to last season while also ignoring the fact they're at completely different development stages. I understand you're trolling for reactions but you need to maintain some consistency or it falls flat like right now.

I'm more interested why you're judging two players at different development stages but also confining that judgment to a single season. What do you expect to glean from that exercise? Shouldn't we review Tyson Barrie at Hughes's age and earlier? Barrie did not possess the offensive or defensive ability Hughes did - he wasn't even a regular NHLer. Barrie managed to polish his game but it's outside the realm of possibility that Hughes will ever get better, according to you.

And again, this isn't even touching your "Hughes brothers are busts" gem.
No thanks
3B1138CD-13EC-4C1B-ACCA-133D421A349F.gif

You guys take facts as “trolling”. That’s not my issue, most of what I said is not unreasonable for how Hughes played this past season. It’s not my fault you’re conflating what I said and making it to be about his career as a whole lol.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Chris Johnston has Hughes at 3 years/$6M-$7M and Pettersson at 5 years/$8.5M. Hughes is a group II at the end of the contract. The Pettersson contract buys one season of group III free agency. Chris Johnston podcast.
F* no to the EP one. Either a 2-3 year deal or a 7-8 one, no in between.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Chris Johnston has Hughes at 3 years/$6M-$7M and Pettersson at 5 years/$8.5M. Hughes is a group II at the end of the contract. The Pettersson contract buys one season of group III free agency. Chris Johnston podcast.

The EP one is straight-up terrible. So 4 RFA years at 8 and 1 UFA year at 10.5 (AAV is 8.5 x 5). He doesn't deserve 1M more than Brazal nor has he proved that he deserves 10.5 as a UFA.

Reactions: Grantham

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Hughes trio as a whole looks to be complete busts/disasters with Quinn being able to right his career and stats with a stable d partner. As for this past season, Barrie was better both offensively and defensively, there’s no ifs ands or buts to that. It’s funny watching people get emotional over players they’ve clearly haven’t seen play that much lol.
Particularly Luke, he’s done literally nothing in NHL.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The EP one is straight-up terrible. So 4 RFA years at 8 and 1 UFA year at 10.5 (AAV is 8.5 x 5). He doesn't deserve 1M more than Brazal nor has he proved that he deserves 10.5 as a UFA.
… that’s not even why it’s terrible, but it’s terrible.
I don’t see Vancouver liking the term or EP liking AAV for that much term.

I don’t quite understand why Petterson’s Calder season or much better 2019-20 has been memory-holed because he was injured on that tire fire. He does need to get his ass into camp but that RFA negotiations for ya I guess.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
He’s not even subtle with the trolling. :facepalm: September 2021 join date and has been littering every Canucks thread with “hot takes” since.
At least you guys recognize this and don’t paint all Oiler fans with the same brush! ...right?

Reactions: bh53

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Canucks should play hardball with these guys. Sign what we put in front of you or play in Europe! It's not like they're going to win anyway. May as well save some cash and get good draft picks.

Yup traded 1st round picks in back to back seasons and got out from 12m in cap for this year in order to save money and get some draft picks

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I'd rather offer long-term to Petey over Hughes. Hughes defensive side of the game isn't the best and his sophomore could've been better to say the least.

Pettersson is more likely to reach his ceiling IMO.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Barzal over elc
ppg: 0.88
gpg: 0.25

Pettersson over elc
ppg: 0.93
gpg: 0.4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad