Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Ducks - 2-1 (Hoglander, Garland) | DeSmith gets the W!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Time to combine the PGT
dbz-dragonball.gif

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Posting here as I'm #TEAMM2B

Mixed bag of emotions. EP has no support. Too many guys have zero chemistry or are ice cold...but we got the W?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
- Podkolzin did well and I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays in the remainder of the season, took up a lot of space and was physical
- Lindholm did almost literally nothing, he looks like a 13th forward and could be replaced by one at this point
- Hughes had a slightly above average game by his standards, which meant he was the best player on the ice. His ability to walk the line and control the puck in traffic generates so much extra zone time for this team
- A desperate or focused team would have destroyed the Canucks tonight, or elicited some sort of response from them
- I watched the Anaheim stream and their broadcasters are really balanced and pleasant to listen to. I always suspect I hate other teams' broadcasters because I am used to ours but I think the reality is that three quarters of them just really suck
- Reserved

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Again, the team could use more of a shoot-first system but I can see that they've noticed their overpassing tendancies and are actively trying to limit those from happening.

Pods had a great game, Im really happy for the guy and I honestly think he's here to stay.

Also,
PUT PODS ON BUMPER COWARDS.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
if management is shrewd as they seem with player transactions you’d hope they would be gauging the trade market for Lindholm.

It’s fine to make a mistake but it takes a real self aware head office to realize that it isn’t working out like they hoped. Swing and a miss which happens but they need to see if they can use him to go for another swing.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Replying to Quat asking if Boeser made the awful late non clearance.

No it was friggin Lindholm. As much as I was glad with how Podkolzin played, I was disappointed and pissed off with Lindholm.

Canucks eke out a win but man things are not looking good. Top end players need to be better and defense, as it is, is going to get chewed up and spat out in the playoffs. Damn lucky Anahiem is so bad. Anyhow, they needed the points and found a way to get them.

Good

Hoglander - probably best Canuck around the net right now. Time to put him in the slot on the PP.

deSmith - nice to see him bounce back after the nightmare in Minnesota. Looked a little jittery at times but he did a good job of covering up on low shots around the crease

Podkolzin - got better as the game moved on. Lights years better than Bains. Had zero problem staying in the play and battling for the puck. Plays like this and you can ink him in for next year. Most positive take away from this game.

Garland - back to being Garland. Some territific shifts that created the kind of momentum the team needed. Huge goal on very nice play from Zadorov.

Hughes - not perfect but his control of the puck was big in keeping Ducks in their zone. Great move on the first goal.

Duiseppe - think he is doing a good checking job on the 4th line. Consistent in getting pressure on the puck and clearing his zone. Too bad he doesn't have the hands to put away the chance in the third.

Bad

Friedmann - looked worse in this game then he as has in any other game this season. Way backed in on everything and rag-dolled round his net. Cole did his best to shore up that pairing but Anahiem had great chances with Friedmann playing. Think player like McWard, from what I have seen of him in Abby, might be a better alternative.

Boeser - very lackluster effort. Was slow (not much change there) and not good in his end. Should buy Miller something special for carrying him around. Don't like him out late in tight ones.

Ugly

Lindholm - that play late in the third is all you needed to see. (essentially brain dead) At present, this player is floating and, at times, looks lost. Watched him one shift (and you have to do this carefully to actually find him) where he just drifted around aimlessly in the center of the ice in his zone, covering no one and watching the play. Reminded me of Horvat but at least Horvat gave a damn and made some effort and ended up this way b/c of his poor first step. Lindholm seemed late in reacting to anything and often gave up on the play. Should be benched if there is an alternative. In the end, Podkolzin started carrying the line.

Team is playing far from good and needs to get out of these late season doldrums. Pretty obvious that the team needs to get back to scoring more goals. Chances seem there but finishing is poor.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
if management is shrewd as they seem with player transactions you’d hope they would be gauging the trade market for Lindholm.

It’s fine to make a mistake but it takes a real self aware head office to realize that it isn’t working out like they hoped. Swing and a miss which happens but they need to see if they can use him to go for another swing.
In an ideal world, we simply trade him to recover assets that we would use to acquire other players.

Reality is other GMs arent stupid or clueless. He's having a crappy campaign has gotten worse on a better team. We would be lucky to recover a 2nd with a crappy player/prospect. Better to be stuck with him and magically hope he develops into a complementary winger.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
In an ideal world, we simply trade him to recover assets that we would use to acquire other players.

Reality is other GMs arent stupid or clueless. He's having a crappy campaign has gotten worse on a better team. We would be lucky to recover a 2nd with a crappy player/prospect. Better to be stuck with him and magically hope he develops into a complementary winger.
Call the Canes back and see what their appetite for a 2C is vs what it was for EP

Reactions: oceanchild

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
The Lindholm acquisition is looking like this season's equivalent of the Keith Ballard trade. Just a complete misfit so far. Tocchet has been good at elevating players but right now there are a lot of leaks that need to be patched and I don't know if there's enough time for Lindholm.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
i was against the Lindholm trade from day 1, way too much asset was given up for a player who did nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00