Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah I think they gave up basically a 1st, B prospect and a 3rd for him, while they'll get back a 1st and 3rd for him. Sucks to lose Brzustewicz for 15 games of Lindholm, but I think they can at least partially rationalize it by pointing out that deal got them out of Kuzmenko's deal as well.
Getting out of that Kuzmenko contract for next year is definitely a plus. It's still way better than what most GMs do which is double down on the player who didn't perform well at all by extending him due to the price they paid, only for it to look worse. Ristolainen and Meier come to mind as examples.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Depends, could be good asset management if Boston was always interested in Lindholm

Except if they wanted him that bad they would have beaten their offer to Calgary. I'm sure Conroy even put a penalty on the divisional trade.

Now his value is diminished and there's no reason why Boston would even pay their offer they made Calgary

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If Van is willing to do this, this suggests a pretty large price for Guentzel they are willing to pay.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
But if Van needs the deal to get Guentzel....Boston kind of has them over a barrel no? Why would Boston come even close to paying the price that Vancouver did for him.

Boston isn't the only team that could take Lindholm, and Lindholm isn't the only guy Vancouver could move to create space. They could also just pay a team to take Myers or someone.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Lindholm could get traded to Boston and take off for all we know. Some players just don't fit on certain teams/systems.

Boston may believe this to be the case if this rumour is true.

Reactions: Regal

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Except if they wanted him that bad they would have beaten their offer to Calgary. I'm sure Conroy even put a penalty on the divisional trade.

Now his value is diminished and there's no reason why Boston would even pay their offer they made Calgary
His value is only as much a someone is willing to pay. As the TDL gets closer and bubble teams are taking players off the market, someone like Lindholm can likely fetch a similar return

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Why don't the Canucks just trade Lindholm for Guentzel, are they stupid?
write-that-down-taking-notes.gif

RichLittle

Oct 16, 2022
We don't know they're "trying" to sell.

Teams have allegedly been calling the Canucks to see if he's available.
LOL. No they haven't. Who trades their recently acquired player especially after what they gave up to get him?
You think teams are calling Dallas to ask about Tanev?
No. Vancouver got the wrong player and paid a big price for it. They can try recoup some of that but they they won't. Boston sees the same Lidholm that was in Cgy and Van, he is no longer the hot commodity. More of a cup dump that Vancouver needs gone to get Guentzel.
Vancouver messed up. Happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Regal

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

This is a genius move from JR/Allvin.

First, get ahead of the market.

Next, use the extra time to evaluate your asset.

Then, determine if your asset is required once all the ducks are in a row.

Finally, flip said asset for equal value, or retain if enough inherent value is displayed.

I will give them full marks if this is the way things shake down. Lindholm has been mediocre as f*** in Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad