Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
That would make for a spicy deadline. Rare to see a player not workout and get flipped that quickly.

I also feel like this maybe has something to do with EP re-signing, now they don't need a backup plan at C and can instead get a winger which was more of a need.

Rockstar shit from Vancouver if they successfully pull this off

Last edited:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Now that would make for a spicy deadline. Rare to see a player not workout in a situation and get flipped like that

Last one I remember was Max Lappierre, Ducks got him for a 3rd, Vancouver got him from them for a later 3rd.

Specifically at the deadline at least

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Rossi (I know) talking up Jake and VAN. Saying ''that JR normally gets what he wants and he wants Jake''. He's speculating but...

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I knew it. Dahliwal came out and said that vancouver wanted to trade for a player but not a rental, they'd have to stay there because they don't want to trade for a rental "again".

Speculation was that could have been zadorov, but I was thinking Lindholm. That would be crazy...such a great trade if it were a signed lindholm, but pretty big overpayment for a rental.

Wonder how true all this is.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Bad asset management from Vancouver unless they recoup the assets they lost in the trade for Lindholm from Boston.

Yeah I think they likely just get a 1st back for him, basically meaning they lost Brzustewicz for nothing. Although you can argue that the first Lindholm trade was still worth it based on getting out of Kuzmenko's deal.

Actually wait, Boston doesn't have a 1st this year either. They could dangle a 2025 1st, but the Canucks already have a 2025 1st.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lindholm in Boston is my dream scenario
He hasn't been good this season at all. It isn't just the lacklustre offensive numbers, but the defensive metrics are also pretty bad (sans face-off %). Negative relative possession metrics in both Calgary and Vancouver, and it isn't by an insignificant amount either. Just off my eye test in the 1-2 games I watched, he was a no show.

If there is one place that could fix him up, its Boston. Marchand and or Pasta flanking him is just what he needs, but this isn't the Lindholm of 2022 or even last season that you are getting. This season is either a one-off or the start of a legitimate decline.

Reactions: Boomstick and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3