Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't get why Canes don't up their offer here. They can be clear favorites if they are willing to give what it takes.

They have lost out on a few big names now. Jake just seems easily obtainable for them considering the packages they can make and what Nucks don't want to offer.

Even with a Lindholm trade I'd argue Canes still can put a better package together

The Canes are like the Tampa Bay Rays of the MLB. They care more about being consistently good than winning, because being consistently good means fans continuously show up.

They won't make aggressive all-in pushes because it depletes prospects that will ensure they stay good for longer.

I don’t see it. Canucks essentially give up all those assets for Lindholm plus add Hoglander, etc?

That’s way too much

I would expect it to just be Hoglander and Lindholm for Guentzel, if that is what happens.

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
I don't get why Canes don't up their offer here. They can be clear favorites if they are willing to give what it takes.

They have lost out on a few big names now. Jake just seems easily obtainable for them considering the packages they can make and what Nucks don't want to offer.

Even with a Lindholm trade I'd argue Canes still can put a better package together
Canes are notoriously stingy when it comes to their picks and prospects.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
The Canes are like the Tampa Bay Rays of the MLB. They care more about being consistently good than winning, because being consistently good means fans continuously show up.

They won't make aggressive all-in pushes because it depletes prospects that will ensure they stay good for longer.

I would expect it to just be Hoglander and Lindholm for Guentzel, if that is indeed what happens.
Then who else would boston add? Hog+Lysell would be cool.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Canes can easily beat pretty much any team for anything.

Gary Bets Man

"All bets are off."
Feb 4, 2015
Is it unrealistic to start believing that Jake will be traded for picks and prospects and then resign with the Penguins in the summer?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Pittsburgh would obviously flip DeBrusk. Teams have interest. Detroit scouted Boston 6 times in January and February. So they’d be interested in DeBrusk.

Think it’s safe to say, if you listen to how Weekes said this, he wasn’t implying this was something about to happen. Why would the Canucks be stuck dealing with Boston? They wouldn’t be. Several teams would still be interested in Lindholm.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
In this scenario, I think it would probably be like a 1st and 3rd or equal prospect. Penguins end up with Hoglander, DeBrusk, a 1st and a 3rd or something like that. Then they'd flip DeBrusk for more futures.

Do you think there's any chance Pens actually want Debrusk? I don't see them going firesale with Crosby Malkin EK Letang still on the team. Debrusk would help the team, Hoglander of course another solid piece.

Him being a UFA makes me disagree with my own statement but I'm curious on a Pens fans pov.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Do you think there's any chance Pens actually want Debrusk? I don't see them going firesale with Crosby Malkin EK Letang still on the team. Debrusk would help the team, Hoglander of course another solid piece.

Him being a UFA makes me disagree with my own statement but I'm curious on a Pens fans pov.

No

I could see them targeting him as a UFA, but for the rest of this year? No.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Why would the Canes up their offer for a player unlikely to succeed in the small amount of games left? Why would a say that? Because everyone struggles here in their first 30 games or so.

We aren’t stingy. We don’t believe in paying a lot for guys who are going to take the remaining games just to get comfortable. We try to pay a lot for long term assets just not rentals

Reactions: JetsFan815

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Why would the Canes up their offer for a player unlikely to succeed in the small amount of games left? Why would a say that? Because everyone struggles here in their first 30 games or so.

We aren’t stingy. We don’t believe in paying a lot for guys who are going to take the remaining games just to get comfortable. We try to pay a lot for long term assets just not rentals
Will the Canes putting an offer in? Yes or no?

Friedman keeps reporting you guys may be the front runners

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Which you also don't get, because your team is cheap with prospects.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
DeBrusk??? Bleecch from Pittsburgh's perspective. Hope this turns out to be as true as Weekes' "scoops" usually are.

remer

Oct 18, 2005

Who has more value?​

1. Guentzel - 29 year old who has 8 years of approx. avg. 50 points per year ( best player in this trade)​

2. DeBrusk - 27 year old who has 7 years of approx. avg. 40 points per year ( 2nd best with being younger and tons of potential)​

3. Lindholm- 29 year old who has 10 years of approx. avg 50 points per year ( 3rd because he is solid but appears to be on the decline)​

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
The only reason Lindholm made sense with the Canucks cause we needed a 2nd line center if we ran the lotto line but since the trade the lotto line has been split up, so essentially it put Lindholm in the 3C position which isn't ideal, so flipping him for Guentzel makes so much sense because it maximizes our top 6 and once healthy we can run our third line of Joshua-Blueger-Garland who have been great.

Also another added benefit is it pushes out Mikheyev out the top 6, personally I believe Mikheyev will find his footing again but people disregard how difficult it is to come back from a major injury that essentially took him out for half the year. Although we are in win now mode so we don't have the luxury of waiting around so this potential deal takes a lot of pressure off of Mikheyev,let's our third line stay intact, strengthens our top 6, and bolsters our Power play which I forgot to mention.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad