Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lol. So Lindholm and Lekk/Hog for Guentzel? Hilarious. Vancouver isn’t caving, Dubas will be.
You should be getting more return from Boston.

They've already lost due to Boston not having a 24 1st, but I fail to see where that's the Pens fault. Vancouver has to find ways to recoup what they can and fess up 3 to 5 assets for Jake.

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Debrusk's salary is 4 million. A 3rd? Let alone at 50%? You undervalue Debrusk.
Debrusk at the trade deadline:

DNkaNs.gif

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
No, it's entirely in line with the few other winger trades we've seen so far this year.

Washington just traded Mantha at 50% and got a 2nd and a 4th. I think that's pretty much the top DeBrusk would bring back at 50%. 2nd at 50% retained, 3rd with no retention.

Mantha has been a disappointment for years. Size. How is he defensively? Speed?

Debrusk is a strong two way top six scoring (complementary) winger. Kills penalties, excellent skating.

4 million salary vs nearly 6 million in Mantha.

Would be stunned if he does not return a 2nd and prospect with ease from a GM who understands how to utilize Debrusk. Especially with an extension.

A 3rd? That is Lybushkin territory.

Of course he is the least valuable player in this scenario but suggesting he has no value is discrediting your GM.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Why would Pitts want debrusk?

Makes no sense for Pittsburgh, unless they just flip him again and he's valued as a throw in. As a main or the secondary piece it should be a no.

If Boston can sign Lindholm as a UFA/Lindholm wants the Bruins trading Lysell for him now makes no sense either. Before the season I would say I understand doing it to offer an 8 year vs 7 year to keep the cap hit down. After his Klingberg like season and contract extension 9x8 refusal to sign, he's getting a much diminished contract offer anyways and probably not an 8 year.

Is Lindholm right now worth dumping DeBrusk and costing Lysell (speculation here on my part) l'm not convinced. Everyone is loading up now, so maybe Boston wants to also. If I'm the Bruins and I'm offering Vancouver what it needs for Guentzel I'm holding their feet over the fire and getting more back than just Lindholm.

Edit. If Boston is his long term desire for free agency, I'd double down Bruins are better waiting. If he comes in and finishes the season very strong you've literally increased his camps leverage for a higher contract extension. Again speculative on my part, but seems logical.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just thinking a bit, it would be funny if it ended up that it was actually the 2025 1st that was a sticking point with the Canucks, not Hoglander. I've been assuming that Vancouver wants to trade Lindholm to get a good headliner type of prospect/young player for the Penguins, but Dhaliwal did specifically say that Vancouver didn't want to trade a 1st for Guentzel:

And it was reported by some other Vancouver radio broadcasts that Hoglander isn't off-limits:

What if it would actually be Lindholm for Boston's 2025 1st and then Hoglander plus that 1st for Guentzel? It would be kinda funny if that's what ended up happening.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Pagnotta saying trade could happen tonight and that they’re are still mulling the offers. Also mentions guentzel wants this to be done sooner than later.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
obviously there are more to this but

jesus christ, Allvin (and JR) should just win GM of the year right now regardless of the result

He entertains hockey fans the most
When GmJr was with the Pens you were always on the edge of your seat come TDL. I kinda loved it

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
No, it's entirely in line with the few other winger trades we've seen so far this year.

Washington just traded Mantha at 50% and got a 2nd and a 4th. I think that's pretty much the top DeBrusk would bring back at 50%. 2nd at 50% retained, 3rd with no retention.

DeBrusk scores goals at a first liner rate at 5 on 5. He doesn’t get prime PP time. He isn’t good at creating offense for himself without a center. He is basically a 27 year old Toffoli. He OBVIOUSLY would only be half the return to the Pens, but I think you are way off in how DUBAS with his Toronto experiences would view DeBrusk.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
DeBrusk scores goals at a first liner rate at 5 on 5. He doesn’t get prime PP time. He isn’t good at creating offense for himself without a center. He is basically a 27 year old Toffoli. He OBVIOUSLY would only be half the return to the Pens, but I think you are way off in how DUBAS with his Toronto experiences would view DeBrusk.

Mantha has more 5v5 goals this year than DeBrusk.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
When Hextall was there our knees buckled at the final hour. 2nd for Granlund at full cap? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????
I was on the JT Miller train and I knew it was being discussed. Just never happened. But ya Hextall was night and day from Rutherford. GMJR was like a crazy man at the wheel making moves

Reactions: 66-30-33

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don't get why Canes don't up their offer here. They can be clear favorites if they are willing to give what it takes.

They have lost out on a few big names now. Jake just seems easily obtainable for them considering the packages they can make and what Nucks don't want to offer.

Even with a Lindholm trade I'd argue Canes still can put a better package together

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I'd be disappointed if Hoglander is moved in this deal for a UFA and for a player about to be 30 looking for a mega contract.
I don’t see it. Canucks essentially give up all those assets for Lindholm plus add Hoglander, etc?

That’s way too much

Reactions: iFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad