Proposal: Canucks and Penguins

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Boeser for Guentzel

***Assuming Guentzel returns from injury the same productive player. Especially now with the season on hold, he’s on pace to return for a playoff run so we can see him play.

***Assuming Toffoli wants to re-sign.

Canucks have Toffoli and Virtanen as top 6 RW’s, and get a big upgrade over Pearson for their top 6 LW.

Penguins now have Zucker, and a bunch of left hand wingers than can take over a top 6 LW spot. But after Rust our right hand shot forward group is thin. Hornqvist is getting older and doesn’t play well with Malkin anyways.

Both players are ~ 0.82ppg career players.

Even swap, need for need.

Guentzel-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-EP-Toffoli

Zucker-Crosby-Boeser
McCann-Malkin-Rust
Rutherford hangs up the phone laughing .at Benning.

Last edited:

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Guentzel is 25 years old with 4 years remaining at 6 000 000 per Pittsburgh aren't trading him.

I know; I was agreeing with the dude. He's far better than Boeser is, so it's just the fantasies of some die-hard fans in my hometown, thinking the trade is totally fair.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Boeser always toasts the Pens, not playing us twice a season might effect his goal totals.

Nah he just got lucky a few times.

If this trade did happen, I'd expect Crosby's goal totals to increase. Boeser has turned into more of a playmaker since his wrist injury; he doesn't use his shot nearly as much as he used to. He is an underrated playmaker though.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Nah he just got lucky a few times.

If this trade did happen, I'd expect Crosby's goal totals to increase. Boeser has turned into more of a playmaker since his wrist injury; he doesn't use his shot nearly as much as he used to. He is an underrated playmaker though.
This trade doesnt happen period. Pitt isnt letting jake go anywhere for anything less than a top D man or first line winger...which he is ...

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This trade doesnt happen period. Pitt isnt letting jake go anywhere for anything less than a top D man or first line winger...which he is ...

Right, but I don't care since this is a message board and everything we talk about is inherently theoretical/abstract, so discussing this possibility is more enjoyable than saying "realistically this never happens!!!" over and over again.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Boeser for Guentzel

***Assuming Guentzel returns from injury the same productive player. Especially now with the season on hold, he’s on pace to return for a playoff run so we can see him play.

***Assuming Toffoli wants to re-sign.

Canucks have Toffoli and Virtanen as top 6 RW’s, and get a big upgrade over Pearson for their top 6 LW.

Penguins now have Zucker, and a bunch of left hand wingers than can take over a top 6 LW spot. But after Rust our right hand shot forward group is thin. Hornqvist is getting older and doesn’t play well with Malkin anyways.

Both players are ~ 0.82ppg career players.

Even swap, need for need.

Guentzel-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-EP-Toffoli

Zucker-Crosby-Boeser
McCann-Malkin-Rust

Maybe you should stop posting trade ideas. Yours are terrible. Pittsburgh gets killed in this one and its not close. Its not even.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I think they are extremely even players. Guentzel has proven to be a beast in the playoffs which is crucial... but to be fair Boeser hasn’t had the same opportunity to prove that.
I agree that they're both very similar players. Too similar, actually. I'm not sure why either team would want to risk it when both teams greatly value their respective known commodity.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
As a Pens fan, living in Vancouver, it would be tough to decide. I think Boeser has better pedigree and skill, and as such would probably do even better playing with Sid than Guenz. Keep in mind that Guenz played even better with Geno and Rust than with Sid, so there is that as well. Boeser is also 2 years younger. On the other hand, Boeser already had several bigger and more serious injuries, causing him to lose time last 2 seasons, so I would have questions about that, as well as if he would gel with Sid same way Guenz did.

Now if Pens could get Boeser for someone else not named Guenz, then i would be all for it haha

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Maybe you should stop posting trade ideas. Yours are terrible. Pittsburgh gets killed in this one and its not close. Its not even.
Maybe you should not embarrass yourself with moronic posts like this.

There is not a more comparable duo in the league then these two. Age, style of play, ppg, injury history are all the same. It’s simple righty for lefty swap.

Imagine being so narrow sighted and such a homer that you think this is a terrible deal and not even close haha

People can not like it on the basis of preferring to keep their guy.. but to say it’s not even close is a hilarious misjudgment and I hope everyone on here sees how you’ve been exposed.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
Maybe you should not embarrass yourself with moronic posts like this.

There is not a more comparable duo in the league then these two. Age, style of play, ppg, injury history are all the same. It’s simple righty for lefty swap.

Imagine being so narrow sighted and such a homer that you think this is a terrible deal and not even close haha

People can not like it on the basis of preferring to keep their guy.. but to say it’s not even close is a hilarious misjudgment and I hope everyone on here sees how you’ve been exposed.

except its bad for the pens. the pens lose this deal. most comments on here agree to

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
So did guys like Andy Hilbert, Tomas Surovy, Nils Ekman, Luca Caputi, Eric Tangradi, Nick Spaling, and David Perron none of them really did anything, so your point is?
If you can find chemistry with the best player in the world. It kinda benefits them .. like ALOT . And you named a bunch of Non NHL'ers. other than Perron. And none of them are as good as Boeser. Not even close.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I don't think either team should do the trade, but Boeser is a first line winger.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pens and Canucks have a history of dealing.....but Boeser is untouchable imo....he's a key part of the Canucks young corps moving forward.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad